Ace-King, King on flop

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comments? Bin it on the turn? Call the river? Completely "read-dependent"? :rolleyes:

Seat 3: jamppa17 ($165.10 in chips)
Seat 6: Bombjack_x [ :kc4:,:ah4: ] ($135.90 in chips)
Seat 8: BILLYW66 ($17.45 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
Bombjack_x posts blind ($0.25), BILLYW66 posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP
jamppa17 calls $0.50, Bombjack_x bets $1.50, BILLYW66 folds, jamppa17 calls $1.25.

FLOP [board cards :ks4:,:5d4:,:7s4: ] (Pot = $4)
Bombjack_x bets $2, jamppa17 calls $2.

TPTK obviously huge heads-up, in a 3-handed game. Maybe could have bet a little bit bigger here, but don't want to kill the action completely on a weak board.

TURN [:10s4: ] (Pot = $8)
Bombjack_x bets $4, jamppa17 bets $8, Bombjack_x calls $4.

RIVER [:6h4: ] (Pot = $24)
Bombjack_x checks, jamppa17 bets $15, Bombjack_x folds.

Am I being weak-tight by folding here? Tbh the Turn min-raise scared me, and there aren't many hands that raise the turn and make a big bet on the river that I beat. Strongly considering he has the flush.

SHOWDOWN
jamppa17 wins $38.50.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you seen him bluff yet? he might have gotten stupid lucky with k10 or k7 :/

zebranky

zebranky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Re-raise

I really think you needed to re-raise the turn, to find out where he is. It definitely sounds like your opponent was representing the flush, but a decent re-raise will typically force him to reveal his cards one way or the other. A fold, obviously, means he was bluffing. A re-re-raise is your "run for the hills" - because he more than likely has the nut or near-nut flush. A call is the tricky one - if he calls, he's probably got a baby flush, and you're going to have to bet the flop (or not bet it, if you feel you can't push him out) accordingly.

Yes, you can waste some chips doing this - but the aggression pays off in table control as much as anything.

D

Dingodaddy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bleh. you're not beating much of anything here. you probably could have folded the turn, but calling isnt that bad by any means. good fold on the river tho