AA river decision on double paired board vs calling station

• Thread starter Dorkus Malorkus
  • Start date
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
This is one of those occasions where I really had no clue what to do at the time. I think I've got the decision nailed now, but subconscious results-orientedness is always a possibility, so I'm posting it. :p

CO is your typical calling station, there are two donks called tenbob and juiceeQ at the table too. >.>

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed)

CO ($12.35)
Hero ($10.45)
SB ($8.65)
BB ($7.50)
UTG ($20.30)
MP ($20.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ac, As.
2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) Kd, 4h, 6d (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $0.6, CO calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 4c (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $1.1, CO calls $1.10.

River: ($4.35) 6h (2 players)
CO checks, Hero ???

I've seen CO repeatedly check-raise (usually check-minraise lolol) OOP with flopped top pair hands any kicker, so I think K-anything is unlikely.

Check or bet the river?

If you bet, how much?

Even if villain is a calling station, what's he calling you with that you beat if you do bet?

How do you react if you bet and are raised?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
I'd push.

(Any ace, any king will call, and a lot of weaker PPs will call too. Him checking the river on a really scary board is unusual, because he has to figure you'll check behind very often.)

loopmeister

loopmeister

Rock Star
This is a leak in my game methinks, but (if it was me and had 20sec to make a decision) I know I'd check and take the safe route.

Though why he'd check a FH I don't know.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
I don't know what he has, but it's unlikely he has one of the Fours or Sixes, and I think you're probably winning. Bet $1.50 or so for value.

Tammy

Tammy

Awards
Knowing myself, I'd probably do what loopmeister said, but BJ and FP make solid points.

Wasn't it a hand soon after that tenbob spiked a set with his pocket Qs against my pocket Ks all-in and made me cry? :bawling:

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Value says bet

Safe says check

I dont think you fail the test either way.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
It's a pretty easy bet on the river, imo.

But of course I started seeing monsters and checked, and felt stupid before the hands were even turned up.

CO had 88.