AA how can I play better?

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's like saying PS is rigged in some manner..

..and this is like me saying I tend to agree with you.

here is the answer for you. after the flop the player with the 4 and 6 set all in I called. the result you see for yourself:) this is yesterday's game

Attachments

• Screenshot_46.jpg
    Screenshot_46.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 30
Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You put your money in when ahead, and they sucked out on the river, not much you can do here except say NH and move on to the next one.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I would have liked to see a check on the turn, followed by a small bet on the river.

1. You dont want to blow your opponents off of weak 1-pair holdings when you are ahead. You block a lot of aces, so they cant exactly feel good about calling 2-3 barrels with a low kicker against the preflop raiser.
2. I think a decent % of the time when you get an overcaller in this situation you are actually going to be behind to sets and flopped 2 pairs.
3. You gain more information about the strength of the hands you are against because stronger hands are going to take the lead on the river to avoid losing value from it checking thru.

I like a check turn, bet-fold river.

A 2 pair+ hand isnt going to let the river check thru and you know exactly where you are at. If it checks to you, I would bet small, hoping to get called by a 1-pair type holding, and folding to a raise.

I am noticing a lot of players here dont quite get that to extract max value you have to be CALLED by a WORSE hand. Which means sizing appropriately to get a 1-pair hand to call you down in this case. I make huge folds live all the time just because someone bombs it on the flop with what is clearly a premium hand and they make the least amount possible with it.

Dont be results oriented when reviewing hands!

Just my thoughts, goodluck friend!

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This is why in poker there is the rule which says that you only want to go postflop HU, even if you hold AA.

With the two players having called your preflop open, you can put at least one of them on a mid to low pair. On the flop I find good your bet, I would probably bet a little bigger 70-75%.

Turn is some kind f a "semi-blank card" that gives the flush draw too. I think that the bet is also good here. But a 22 or 66 set is quite possible here.

With the two players called both your flop and turn cbet, you are in a difficult position. Strong possibilities your single pair to be behind. I would check the river.

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why in poker there is the rule which says that you only want to go postflop HU, even if you hold AA.
I'd change "even if" to "mostly when", but what about suited connectors, don't you want multiple people in for hands like that.. or maybe when set mining with lower pocket pairs?
I could be wrong, though.

M

mihail cojocaru

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should make bigger raise

adipop950

adipop950

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Besr way with AA is all in preflop ,because in stars you need to play like that.win or out.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars Zoom Hand #175876648454: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2017/09/19 23:28:35 ET
Table 'Donati' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Tedlop ($5.11 in chips)
Seat 2: chipzkid ($5.34 in chips)
Seat 3: IISylwanII ($4.87 in chips)
Seat 4: mojomike13 ($14.19 in chips)
Seat 5: ffereff ($5 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero ($3.26 in chips)
chipzkid: posts small blind $0.02
IISylwanII: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac Ah]
mojomike13: folds
ffereff: folds
Hero: raises $0.10 to $0.15
Tedlop: calls $0.15
chipzkid: calls $0.13
IISylwanII: folds
*** FLOP *** [6c Th Ks]
chipzkid: checks
Hero: bets $0.32
Tedlop: calls $0.32
chipzkid: calls $0.32
*** TURN *** [6c Th Ks] 2♠
Hero: bets $1.05
Tedlop: calls $1.05
chipzkid: calls $1.05
*** RIVER *** [6c Th Ks 2s] Q♦
Hero: checks
Tedlop: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
chipzkid: shows [Kh Qh] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
Hero: mucks hand
Tedlop: shows [Qc Kd] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
chipzkid collected $2.21 from pot
Tedlop collected $2.21 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4.61 | Rake $0.19
Board [6c Th Ks 2s Qd]
Seat 1: Tedlop (button) showed [Qc Kd] and won ($2.21) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 2: chipzkid (small blind) showed [Kh Qh] and won ($2.21) with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 3: IISylwanII (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: mojomike13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: ffereff folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Hero mucked [Ac Ah]
Have you started to do any more balancing in your hands?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try pot size bets to protect against draws but A's still lose sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a bigger 3bet for starters... i try to get aces all in pre if possible. but betting the turn cant hurt... not like it would have shaken the KQ though.

WabiSabi

WabiSabi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks to be played ok although the format makes it a little hard to read and gauge the spr etc..

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to play aces is to put out a bet 5X the BB or larger depending on the table

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all in is not necessary all the time. Remember if you are doing well in a tourney but not real well then you could lose it all. If you are double then next highest stack then all in or if you are behind.

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you play it fine , don't see anything wrong with this hand

C

CuddlyBobcat30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say there was nothing wrong with your play,just bad luck. After all, what are the odds on a 1-outer coming on the river? really bad luck this time
2 outer* ?

C

CuddlyBobcat30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much you can do here differently. Actually would say that this is pretty much the right way to play it in this circumstance, it actually makes sense for your opponent to continue with KQ. Just goes to show that in poker sometimes you can do everything right but still end up getting burned.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is well played, if you look to improve look at some different spots this is a standard one , and most important always have auto-refill on so you can play at full stack and win more money from weaker players.

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I ve got aces I play very aggressive and I know that you can lose even with aces but it's the best hand that you can have and you must take advantage of it.You must raise from post flop 3-5 bb always or you can go all in depending on your stuck and what kind of game you re playing and the opponents that you're facing.