UTG+1: $9.50
MP1: $62.50
MP2: $28.25
CO: $54.50
Hero: $37.75
SB: $81.25
BB: $55.25
Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with K♦ K♠
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.
Flop: 10♠ K♥ 8♠ (8.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.
Turn: J♦ (5.25BB, 2 players)
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 calls.
River: 3♣ (11.25BB, 2 players)
MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero Caps, MP1 calls.
Results:
Final pot: 19.25BB
Hero showed Kd Ks
MP1 mucks Tc Kc

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the risk you take playing limit... cant push people out :(

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha - i won, so i'm not complaining. - only pointing out that had he not flopped top two pair, I wouldn't have raked in a $38.25 pot. Like if he had KQ, i doubt he'd have capped the river bets with me.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no. He showed KT, i had KK.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was playing a NL game earlier and the same thing happened to me with KK and someone called my 5x raise with k3 and hit 2 pair and went all in with it.. i love people like that :)

F

Fish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not so sure if that proves anything about luck, or poor hand selection out of position on his part?
K-10 (suited or otherwise) is NOT my favorite hand to play in MP.

S

shwingzilla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
joosebuck said:
i was playing a NL game earlier and the same thing happened to me with KK and someone called my 5x raise with k3 and hit 2 pair and went all in with it.. i love people like that :)

Nah, best happened in a sitngo a few days ago. Flop comes KTT, AK raises, I reraise, small pair goes all in, AK goes all in, I call and flip over KT. 2 for 1 special.

S

shwingzilla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish said:
I'm not so sure if that proves anything about luck, or poor hand selection out of position on his part?
K-10 (suited or otherwise) is NOT my favorite hand to play in MP.

KT is not a great hand, but if you won't play KT to a single raise you're playing too tight, and this is coming from a guy who only plays 17% of the hands in hold'em (I did the calculations today, if you want to doublecheck em I play any face card, any ace with ten or better kicker, and any pair above 66).

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain played it crappily.

- Limp-called out of position preflop.
- Didn't raise flop.
- Only called a 3-bet on flop, then proceeded to jam on a blank river.

Sure villain was "unlucky" to run into KK, but he could have saved a lot of bets by (a) folding preflop, or (b) not being so crazy on the river. It's somewhat like saying the guy who keeps jamming on every street with AsAc on a JdTd9d[xx] board is unlucky when one of his opponents turns up a flopped flush.

shwingzilla said:
KT is not a great hand, but if you won't play KT to a single raise you're playing too tight

A lot depends on the table dynamics, but often I'm not overly confident playing KTs out of position in most spots.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that this guy played it poorly - but my point about luck is he flopped top two pair... and i flopped top set. Meaning that it trapped him when he was drawing VIRTUALLY dead on the flop, and completely dead by the turn. I was lucky to rake in 19.25BB (38.50) from the pot rather than a smaller ammount - (like 18.00) because he did hit top two pair and ran into my top set. Yes, its still about skill i wasn't saying it wasn't, only that luck STILL plays a big factor in how much money you make in the long run.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Villain played it crappily.

A lot depends on the table dynamics, but often I'm not overly confident playing KTs out of position in most spots.

I fold KTo utg most hands.