$600 NLHE Full Ring: Overpair facing turn check/raise allin

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my first time posting a live hand on here so bare with me.

I'm UTG in a 8 handed 2/5 live game with QsQh ($1000 Stack)
I raise to $15, 3 callers, BB 3bets to $105 ($1000 Stack), I call, everyone else folds.

(Pot Roughly $255)
Flop Ts 9d 7c
BB bets $100, I call

(Pot $455)
Turn Ts 9d 7c 2c
BB checks, I bet $165, BB raises Allin to $795

What would you do here with QsQh?

The only actual information I have on the villain is the previous hand in which he 3bet AdJs from the SB vs HJ preflop he ended up getting it all in for 200bb vs the nut flush with the second nut flush calling a river 3bet allin on As Kd 4s Qs 9s.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. The range I give him is AA,KK,TT,99 and I dont no much about villain but possibly AK of clubs and AQ of clubs. If the opponent is visibly on monkey tilt from freshly losing a big pot with the 2nd nuts I may call but without a solid read I like folding. When opponents trying to put their stack in the middle they usually have it , at my stakes at least. Idk how balanced 2/5 players are but this would be an odd spot to jam

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a nasty spot, and as played, I would fold.

Is there a reason that you didn't 4 bet pf with your QQ?

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. The range I give him is AA,KK,TT,99 and I dont no much about villain but possibly AK of clubs and AQ of clubs. If the opponent is visibly on monkey tilt from freshly losing a big pot with the 2nd nuts I may call but without a solid read I like folding. When opponents trying to put their stack in the middle they usually have it , at my stakes at least. Idk how balanced 2/5 players are but this would be an odd spot to jam

I put him on a range of combo draws and overpairs essentially. I think any 2pair or set would not take this line on a well connected board and a possible flush draw coming in on the turn while being OOP, they would just continue betting. I put him on AA-JJ, Overcards with clubs, Combo draws like pair/flush draws or flush/straight draws. I came to the decision the strongest hands he had here were overpairs as it's a terrible line for him to take imo. Depends on the player, some are balanced and some are not. Luckily playing live you can usually figure it out pretty quick.

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a nasty spot, and as played, I would fold.

Is there a reason that you didn't 4 bet pf with your QQ?

I thought BB 3betting vs UTG is supposed to be pretty strong and if he is tilting from last hand and making a squeeze play I just want him to spew away all his money to me. No need to scare him off if he is playing nonsense. I really did not want to 4bet and fold to a jam of 200bb vs him nor did I want to call it off either. Usually I would 4bet QQ though.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought BB 3betting vs UTG is supposed to be pretty strong and if he is tilting from last hand and making a squeeze play I just want him to spew away all his money to me. No need to scare him off if he is playing nonsense. I really did not want to 4bet and fold to a jam of 200bb vs him nor did I want to call it off either. Usually I would 4bet QQ though.

My experience when players are tilting is that they make the biggest mistakes then.

I've seen otherwise good players who are on tilt spaz 5 bet shove K7 off suit. They are definitely not in the mood to make a disciplined fold after 3 betting.

J

Jamalex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience when players are tilting is that they make the biggest mistakes then.

I've seen otherwise good players who are on tilt spaz 5 bet shove K7 off suit. They are definitely not in the mood to make a disciplined fold after 3 betting.

I agree with ya completely but I did not know if he was tilting, there was just the chance he could be in that situation.