$600 NLHE 6-max: TPTK on 4-straight board in 3b pot

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow I just realized that my HUD was off by a seat and actually the guy who 3b was a 30/24 with 9% 3b and that's a slightly smaller sample. I think he's not very good but he's definitely still a reg. The SB was the 21/18 8% 3b and BB is a meh reg 20/17 with 5% 3b. But as I played it I was under the assumption I was against the 21/18 8% 3b.

I think the average reg in this spot (definitely myself included) actually has a very bluff-heavy range in this spot. I'll typically flat QQ/AK in this spot but then I'll have a super-wide bluff range. On the other hand I had someone 3b 99 against me in this spot a bit ago so I'm actually not all that sure what ranges look like for most regs.

Basically my thoughts were that the decision between ch/c and bet/puke (shouldn't get raised hardly ever but I definitely puke when it happens) boiled down to whether his range was more heavy with missed draws or bluff-catchers that won't bet river when checked to. I decided that with this line it was more likely he had weaker Qx/lower pairs than something like JTss. I think I bet a bit too small I made it $140, and he more or less snapcalled QTo.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
140 seems lk a nice number to get payed off on.
I was thinking round the 115-125, mind you this price was for a underpair.
Nh.

Fwiw I think if u jam u get called a high % of the time to make jamming more profitable in the long run against this villain. Just make a note and crush his sole

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fwiw I think if u jam u get called a high % of the time to make jamming more profitable in the long run against this villain. Just make a note and crush his sole

i totally agree. esp when he know he had QT i think he calls you enough of the time to make getting it in the best option.

had him on 88-JJ or JQs, :D weeeeee

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jamming the river seems absolutely outrageous

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd like to bet fold (unless we have like evidence or just know he is likely to bluff here a decent amount) around $180. (although i probs puss out and bet a smaller amount like you did too often in practice) I also think jamming the river seems outrageous with the effective stacks and because people are going to be using hands like Q7s, other weak Qxs hands that wont snap call a shove but obviously will if they made a weird straight with their bluff hands. I also think his range is mostly weak Qx and lower than the Q SDV hands like TT and JJ (i don't think there is very much 99 and lower cause i just dont think his value 3bet range has many of them in as its not really standard, unless you 4bet a lot in which case he might extend his 3b/5b range to include them, but yeah gotta severely discount hands like 77-99.

But yeh, i just think a value bet and not a shove is gonna be more +EV, don't like x/c or x/shove just because i dont think he has a ton of bluffs here compared to the amount of SDV hands which will just check back.