6 Max; Overplayed Top Pair

C

ColdDeckCity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can i get some advise about this hand please. I am on the button, with K8, 6-max 100NL

Stacks:
esox_111 with $103.00
BTN with $160.64
SB with $22.79
BB with $103.96
UTG with $103.00
MP with $157.81

hand.pl

Site: Party Poker
Dealt to BTN:K♦ 8♦
Sklansky group 7
Preflop:
3 players fold.
Hero raises [$4 USD]
SB calls [$3.50 USD]
BB calls [$3 USD]
Total folds this street: 3
Potsize: $12
Flop: K♠ 3♠ 6♣
SB checks.
BB bets [$7 USD] Hero calls [$7 USD]
SB is all-in.
BB calls [$11.79 USD] Hero calls [$11.79 USD]
Potsize: $49.58
Turn: 2♥
BB checks. Hero bets [$36 USD]
BB is all-in. Hero calls [$45.17 USD]
Potsize: $130.75
River: 2♦
Hero shows two pairs, Kings and Twos: K♦ 8♦
SB shows two pairs, Kings and Twos with Ace kicker: A♦ K♥
BB shows two pairs, Kings and Twos with Queen kicker: Q♣ K♣
BB wins $162.34 USD from the side pot 1 with two pairs, Kings and Twos with Queen kicker.
SB wins $65.37 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Kings and Twos with Ace kicker.

The reason why i called on the flop after the rasies was becasue i felt that the BB had a flush draw maybe, becasue of his donk bet. This is why i rasied on the turn and i guess i felt commited after he rasied all in even though i pretty much knew i was beat. How could i have played this differently? Was this just a blow up? Thanks

Last edited:
G

grift

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold the flop.

What are you ahead against? A flush draw? How far ahead are you? Not far ahead at all. 60/40, assuming it's not the ace high. It's a coinflip against the ace high. You're losing against everything else. Easy fold.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check behind turn for pot control, this is not the type of hand u want to be stacking with.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind calling the first bet from the BB, but when the SB shoves, and the BB calls, you gotta be thinking that you're not in good shape.

If you do call the flop c/r, then its an obvious check behind on the turn, and then just evaluate the river based on reads & what draws hit.

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I windering why you were in the pot in the first place. Playing hands like King, 8 usually gets you into trouble when you hit your top card on the flop. I understand they're suited, but still, I'd have laid down pre-flop. Certainly I wouldn't have raised with it.

As played though, a check after the turn and a river fold to any bet would have been my choice.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I windering why you were in the pot in the first place. Playing hands like King, 8 usually gets you into trouble when you hit your top card on the flop. I understand they're suited, but still, I'd have laid down pre-flop. Certainly I wouldn't have raised with it.

As played though, a check after the turn and a river fold to any bet would have been my choice.

Nothing wrong with the prf raise imo since it came from the button in a un open pot,so obvs a steal attempt.

But im folding after my c-bet gets raised 90% of the time the other im just calling and evaluating the turn and in this case im checking behind no need to get frisky with TPBK

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

PF Raise is 100% standard. If you're not raising K8s in this situation, you're losing out on tons of value.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop is fine. Fold the flop. you steal failed. Top pair 8 kicker is no a hand you want to play