Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars $0.05/$0.10 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Pre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is SB with K:club: K:diamond:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls

Flop: (6 SB) A:club: 3:heart: 2:diamond: (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls

Turn: (5 BB) A:diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls

River: (7 BB) 9:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Okay so this is a bit of a self analysis. I picked this hand out because I know when it happened (and looking back at it) that I wasn't really sure what to do here. No reads on the guy.

Basically I don't know why I did anything. Why would I check-raise a flop where I was beat: the only reason is instead of check/calling I want to force out that middle guy because there's no way I'm not seeing the turn.

The turn: seems like a bad bet, because if he had an ace before now I'm really in trouble. A raise here would mean I'm almost certainly dead, so I would ALMOST consider this WA/WB, where a check/call is CLEARLY the right choice. He could have bet almost anything on the flop after we checked to him, but if he had that ace I'm drawing nearly dead. Actually this might be WA more often, seeing as the flop bet could be really wide, and ONLY the other 2 aces have me beat here. In that case, do I check, and if he checks behind value bet the river? Or do I check/call both streets?

River: The only move I think is right. Even as played there's no way I'm getting a better hand to fold (no sets/two pairs are folding, anything less is almost certainly not calling).

So in all. My REVISED line for this hand is--> Bet/call the flop, bet/call the turn, check/call the river if he only calls the turn, and check/fold the river UI if he raises the turn.

Now tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a bad limit player. However, my standard line would be to c/C flop. When the 2nd ace hits, I'm showdown bound. If the turn went check/check, then I'd bet the river. If a second ace hadn't hit, I might fold to a solid player. But I have a real hard time folding kings at these limits.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well first of all i don't play limit so take this with a grain of salt.

flop: check raise makes absolutely 0 sense. Check call seems to make more sense.

Turn: The next ace is actually the best card in the deck for you. You are drawing just as live as if any other card hit (though you are drawing very thinly in both cases if villain has an ace) so i'm not sure what you were meaning when you said that. But more importantly, the fact that the second ace hit means it is much less likely that villain actually has an ace. I'd c/c turn i think.

River: I'd bet river if villain checks turn otherwise i'd c/c river.

vs. any "solid" opponent if the turn is not a second ace then the standard line would probably be to c/c flop and turn then c/f river if opponent bets again, but that might totally be wrong because i suspect i would be the worst limit player alive.