50nl HU 2 pair facing annoying shortstacks min re re raise (or something like that)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): $46 (92 bb)
SB: $18.20 (36.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with T
club.gif
Q
heart.gif

SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 9
club.gif
T
heart.gif
A
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $1, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $7, Hero ????

As you can see by stacks, nothing major has happened only tiny pots have been won here and there, only read is that villain is 100% limp from button.

2 questions, are we happy to ship here all the time against this shortstack?

What would our next action be with deep stacks? (150-200 bb's) To get to showdown cheaply, or to re raise to protect against draws and get value from lesser 2 pairs/top pair

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Edit: I just saw how short he was so not sure my original answer helped. I'm not very good when it comes to playing against short stacks.

The main reason I responded was b/c I had a question as to why you didn't raise this preflop if he limps everytime he has the button (is he a calling station too?). I think my line would have looked more like a raise preflop, then a decent bet on the flop to just take it down. Do we have any other stats or observations?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its across like 7 hands ish or something ridiculously small, so he's only limped 4/4, which technically is 100%, I mentioned in another thread that i don't like raising limpers from the bb too early in a match so that i don't stop them from limping, i want them limping as often as possible, hence the check

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh wow, thats a really tiny sample.

I think a min 3-bet from a short stack would mean to me that he likes his hand and wants as much as possible out of you w/o scaring you out (or he is trying a different type of weird post-oak semi-bluff).

I probably push but wont be too suprised if I'm beat and have to hope for a full house. His range is pretty open considering he limped in, could have smaller two pair, just an Ax (AJ possible), draw...

.....and this is the point where someone who is actually good at poker comes in to save me....