$500 NL HE 6-max: Would you bluff here? On the other side, if you had KK, would you snap call or fold sometimes?

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$2/$5
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That's tough, he had top pair with bad kicker, but also had the A of hearts. Pocket K's losses to many hands like flushes, straights, higher set (unlikely), etc. I am surprised how quickly the pocket K's called. That player did seem concern on river though with small bet. He over bet turn, I think pocket K's wanted to take it down on turn. A6os shouldn't of called big turn bet, and much less seen the river. I don't blame that player for bluffing with so many draws out there.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Seem pretty standard for both players.

Flop
Also seem pretty standard for both players.

Turn
Overbetting the turn is almost certainly a solver approved line, since SB has a big nut advantage on this board. The alternative could be to go for a check-raise. I would assume, that A7o is mostly a fold to this sizing, and that BB mainly called, because he had Ah in his hand. Meaning that already at this point his plan was to bluff a heart river. I have not checked it, but I would think, this is also a solver approved line, at least some percentage of the time.

River
Seem pretty standard for SB to go for another bet. There are still many worse hands like two pair, that can call. BB follow though on the plan, he likely made already on the turn, and jam. I think, SB has to call this off. Especially when he hold K of heart, since this significantly reduce the number of flush combos in BBs range. And I dont think, BB ever has a straight here. T7 folded preflop or on the flop, and QT folded on the turn except for QT of hearts, which is now a flush. So BB has a flush or nothing, and this time it was nothing.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Seem pretty standard for both players.

Flop
Also seem pretty standard for both players.

Turn
Overbetting the turn is almost certainly a solver approved line, since SB has a big nut advantage on this board. The alternative could be to go for a check-raise. I would assume, that A7o is mostly a fold to this sizing, and that BB mainly called, because he had Ah in his hand. Meaning that already at this point his plan was to bluff a heart river. I have not checked it, but I would think, this is also a solver approved line, at least some percentage of the time.

River
Seem pretty standard for SB to go for another bet. There are still many worse hands like two pair, that can call. BB follow though on the plan, he likely made already on the turn, and jam. I think, SB has to call this off. Especially when he hold K of heart, since this significantly reduce the number of flush combos in BBs range. And I dont think, BB ever has a straight here. T7 folded preflop or on the flop, and QT folded on the turn except for QT of hearts, which is now a flush. So BB has a flush or nothing, and this time it was nothing.
Mate, that is a great analysis! And also the purpose of the channel. Thanks for taking the time explaining your thought process. I hope the hand helped you as well with your studying.
Yes, my thought was that he calls thiw Ax offsuit combo because he has the Ah and wants to arrive with enough bluffs on the river. I also liked how KK played, I would also bluff-catch here, maybe not snap, but I would.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's tough, he had top pair with bad kicker, but also had the A of hearts. Pocket K's losses to many hands like flushes, straights, higher set (unlikely), etc. I am surprised how quickly the pocket K's called. That player did seem concern on river though with small bet. He over bet turn, I think pocket K's wanted to take it down on turn. A6os shouldn't of called big turn bet, and much less seen the river. I don't blame that player for bluffing with so many draws out there.
I believe he calls pretty quickly because he is at the top of his range(given how the action went) and he has no tough decision, especially when villain can have several bluffs that contain the Ah.
Yes, I believe BB wants to arrive with enough bluffs on the river that contain the Ah, especially in these positions(wider ranges).

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hard situation but this set of kings should be folding here way more often than calling down. The reason is because it owns none of the ace of hearts.
On the flip side the other player made a very good bluffing putting a lot of pressure into any top sets and straights. But calling isn’t the end of the world here, maybe it had good readings to do so.
The hand was well played for both of players.

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard situation but this set of kings should be folding here way more often than calling down. The reason is because it owns none of the ace of hearts.
On the flip side the other player made a very good bluffing putting a lot of pressure into any top sets and straights. But calling isn’t the end of the world here, maybe it had good readings to do so.
The hand was well played for both of players.
Most likely he calls with KK because he is at the top of his range, a useful concept to have in mind in general, but in these stakes, when the players know each other(these do), it matters a lot, especially in wide vs. wide range situations such as this one, when villain can show up with an obvious bluff like this(may be overbluffing as well).

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
B v b this seems a fairly standard call, if he is not calling KK with a heart he is basically folding all his bluff catchers

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ran this hand as my one free hand in GTOWIZARD---GW as played suggests a pot size bet with KK here range is 1/3 pot or pot
GW wants the AH to fold the river to any bet---I assume it is because as played you would want the V-you to be betting the Ah on the river as a blocker to protect your value bets even for pot-
So in this spot when u bet half pot the Ah should fold not bluff- they bluff their AxXh hands

GTOW for free is immense value--- for those of you not using it please don't get it and--- hope to see you in my games:LOL:

:unsure::geek:

Folding in Poker