$500 NL HE 6-max: Slowplaying leads to max value - Would you have played it the same?

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$2/$5
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$

Also, is this a bold bluff or a standard one?
It is a 500z hand, so the rake is different, and the player pool is good in general, but the question still stands.
Also, I believe SB is a regular who plays 1knl as well.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

It is a 500z hand, so the rake is different, and the player pool is good in general, but the question still stands.
Cold calling 4-bet having 54s is bold enough. Okay to make a 3-bet light here for BU will have a wide range most of times but calling 4-bet seems too much optimistic for a fish like me.
I think the BU player played well checking flop to induce bluffs.
Now although I disagree of the calling preflop, SB also played the hand fine: shoving missed draws on this river after it completes a straight puts a huge pressure on BU’s entire range, so it’s a hard call for most of BU’s range, including this top set.
But hey: kids don’t try to do it at micro-low stakes too often! 😂

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I wouldn't even drop that River on a table like that, at all im I would think he followed, but that Raise on the Turn was in the middle dubious, but aggressive players do that a lot!:oops:o_O

Mr_Kk13

Mr_Kk13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cold calling 4-bet having 54s is bold enough. Okay to make a 3-bet light here for BU will have a wide range most of times but calling 4-bet seems too much optimistic for a fish like me.
I think the BU player played well checking flop to induce bluffs.
Now although I disagree of the calling preflop, SB also played the hand fine: shoving missed draws on this river after it completes a straight puts a huge pressure on BU’s entire range, so it’s a hard call for most of BU’s range, including this top set.
But hey: kids don’t try to do it at micro-low stakes too often! 😂
Ι should mention the last line you wrote to every video I post from these stakes or higher :p
I think it has to do with the rake of these stakes, calling with 54s, especially when it has good equity against broadway hands and broadway pocket pairs. Having said that, these players play regularly against each other, so there might be a chance that the slowplaying frequency of AA gets increased, especially if SB bluffs very frequently with the bottom of his range here. Also, as you said, it puts a lot of pressure on BU's range, especially the not slowplaying part.
A lesson to take from here I would assume is: If your opponent overbluffs, you can slowplay a bit more frequently the absolute nuts.