$50 NLHE Heads-up: Floating flop and turn OOP then donk bluff river with Ace high

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like this, if you have a read he's weak then just bet the flop/turn or w/e.
Why? Floating at least one street with nearly any pair for balance is standard HU, so flop bet just folds villain off hands we beat, plus exposes us to a bluff-raise.

I'd honestly just check/call river if I think he can bluff air all the way, unless I also thought he would fire all 3 with any pair which would honestly be retarded of him (in which case I might c/f). Betting A-high is not usually good form, except once in a blue moon for balance or unless villain is a nit that never bets air or floats weak pairs.

I'll discuss the hand with my mentor though, get back.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why? Floating at least one street with nearly any pair for balance is standard HU, so flop bet just folds villain off hands we beat, plus exposes us to a bluff-raise.

I'd honestly just check/call river if I think he can bluff air all the way, unless I also thought he would fire all 3 with any pair which would honestly be retarded of him (in which case I might c/f). Betting A-high is not usually good form, except once in a blue moon for balance or unless villain is a nit that never bets air or floats weak pairs.

I'll discuss the hand with my mentor though, get back.
We're not floating! We have the initiative preflop since we 3bet and now suddenly on the flop we're ch/calling! It's horrible!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are we folding off when we cbet?
Probably have to plan to be smallish and bet twice but he's folding off all his small pairs at least and most likely everything less than TP on the turn. The real point is that he shouldn't be folding shit on the river as played. I'd like villain to call with Tx hands based on heros play.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably have to plan to be smallish and bet twice but he's folding off all his small pairs at least and most likely everything less than TP on the turn.
Lemme get back to you. I honestly don't feel AK is weak enough to barrel almost ever, it has showdown value.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is fine as a hand to c/c 3 streets with as ace high, but not on a board like this. It nails villains range, and more importantly, it nails our perceived range, making it far less likely for villain to be bluffing. Villain has a hand far more often than is bluffing 3 streets on this board.

We lead not as a bluff, but just because we win the pot a big chunk of the time just by cbetting, and when we are called, we still have over 40% equity vs villains range anyway. A cbet is immediately +ev whereas checking gets you in all sorts of pain and you end up YOLO-ing it a bunch