$50 NLHE Full Ring: AKs Spot To Bluff Shove??

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 NL HE Full Ring: AKs Spot To Bluff Shove??

Sample only over a few hands
Looking back at this hand Im not sure if my preflop raise was big enough and then my cbet but I didnt want to make it that large as its 4ways but I do have overs + nut FD.

Is this spot a good spot to bluff shove with these outs plus some fold equity? Or is this just a fold and move on.

poker stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BTN: $20.15 (40.3 bb)
SB: $89.65 (179.3 bb)
Hero (BB): $50 (100 bb)
UTG: $45 (90 bb)
UTG+1: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
MP1: $50 (100 bb)
MP2: $50 (100 bb)
MP3: $31.40 (62.8 bb)
CO: $70.05 (140.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with K:heart: A:heart:
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, MP1 calls $3, MP3 calls $3, CO calls $3

Flop: ($14.25) T:diamond: 7:heart: 3:heart: (4 players)
Hero bets $8, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $8, CO calls $8

Turn: ($38.25) 3:spade: (3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets $5, CO folds, Hero ??

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, if this is how the table kept playing after this hand, THAT'S ****IN SWEEEEEET!!

Second off, the guy's got about 15 dollars left and he's your only opponent in a close to $50 pot, I don't think I could ever get away from this, but I'm pretty sure I would have played the hand a little differently.

I think the raise preflop is okay, I might have bumped it up to 4-5 with the extra limpers in this pot, hopefully make it incorrect if they're trying to set mine. Although not sure with these opponents it would have mattered.

I think a way to get your semi-bluff in on the flop is to check then reraise any bet all-in. You have the most equity with the turn and river, and have more ammunition to scare any semi-decent hand out.

However, they do look pretty passive (even if it is only one hand).

I also don't mind your leading out, just try and make it a little more with draws on the board and 2 opponents to follow. I think it might lead to easier decisions down on later streets as well (if im wrong yell, I don't know why I think this and have no facts to back it up right now).

Anyway, at this rate I'm not folding now, whatever hand he had he probably played it pretty poorly even if he did end up winning. Just move on...

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you can shove and it's fine