$50 NLHE Full Ring: $ : AK TPTK on Scary Board

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$50 NL HE Full Ring: $ : AK TPTK on Scary Board

Hero is an unkown here, just 4 hands on this villian. I think this is a common spot on a pretty scary board (I think) I dont think he has a set obvs but I think this is a good board for him to 3bet bluff me. Whats our line here? Whats our goal for the hand? (Cheap showdown/stacks/fold etc)

I think this is a similar spot to enty's spot.

poker stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (MP3): $89.70 (179.4 bb)
CO: $25.75 (51.5 bb)
BTN: $47.50 (95 bb)
SB: $100.65 (201.3 bb)
BB: $50.75 (101.5 bb)
UTG+1: $50 (100 bb)
MP1: $58.70 (117.4 bb)
MP2: $96.95 (193.9 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP3 with A<font color='red'>♥</font> K<font color='red'>♦</font>
3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) J<font color='black'>♣</font> Q<font color='black'>♣</font> A<font color='red'>♦</font> (2 players)
Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero ??

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I call to control the pot and re-evaluate the turn.

He probably has very little we beat if we 3-bet a sufficient amount and he calls. Kinda like turning our hand into a bluff, but I still think we have value against his bluffs and worse hands if we call.

Depending on his stats (I'm assuming he recently sat down) we could fold this, but I think a lot more people understand the idea of position now and realize putting pressure on opponents who are OOP can get them to fold better hands...i.e. your AK TPTK vs his KQ, Q10, complete bluffs, Ax, club draws and position on the BTN.

The only hands you are losing to that I see posible are AJ, QJ, and AQ (guess you could throw in K10, which would really suck).

Call then re-evaluate turn, if a card peels that fills any obvious draws, I'm slowing down, most likely c/f. If it doesn't help me but doesn't fill the draw I'm not sure what's better, c/c, lead or c/r, guess it depends on who our opponent is.

By the way, I'm not gonna read over this, they were just my thoughts as they came to me to try and spur some discussion.

Moral of the story: Being OOP with TPTK makes my head hurt.