$50 NLHE Full Ring: 4Bet oop w/ 86s vs LAG villain

C

ciriciric

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I have one interesting hand played yesterday, wondered what do you think. Couldn't convert the hand as it was played on the phone...

pokerrrr2 App 0.25/0.5$ 150$ CAP
8 handed
Villain - lag loosing player 3Bets pf way too much

preflop
Villain CO (157.5)
Hero MP1 (covers)

folds to Hero in MP1 8c6c open 2.50
Villain CO 3Bet 7.50
Hero 4Bet 19, Villain calls

flop: (39) 6d Qs 3s
Hero bet 14.5
Villain call

turn: (68) 2d
Hero bet 40
Villain call

river: (148) 8s
Hero jams 84 eff

After 4Betting as a bluff and not getting it through, with 6 on the flop and hero as the pf aggressor I think I have to c-bet for protection and get some fold equity. C-betting on the turn is probably a mistake? I am having all the overpairs in my range as well as the AQs or KQs and tried to make villain fold pocket pairs and flush draws, Ace-high hands, I know he is having a lot of trash hands even at this point... I think at this point he will continue with Qx and suited speights braodway combos and when Qs is out there blocking a lot of it maybe it's not that bad of a spot to fire again on the T or should I choose other hands to do that?
On the river I wasn't sure what is the best line, he could hit the flush, but I was afraid he might check back with Qx holdings. At this point there is so much in the middle and as I hit the 2nd pair, if I check and he jams I think I can't fold. I couldn't see any bluffs he could have and figured check-call would be worse then jamming, so I decided to jam and get called by Qx hands as I am confident he is not folding for that price.

Let me know what you think and scroll down for the result.

Villain snap calls, 9s6s and takes it down.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

I have one interesting hand played yesterday, wondered what do you think. Couldn't convert the hand as it was played on the phone...

pokerrrr2 app 0.25/0.5$ 150$ CAP
8 handed
Villain - lag loosing player 3Bets pf way too much

preflop
Villain CO (157.5)
Hero MP1 (covers)

folds to Hero in MP1 8c6c open 2.50
Villain CO 3Bet 7.50
Hero 4Bet 19, Villain calls
Villain snap calls, 9s6s and takes it down.

Thank you for posting

We make money from our Villains errors, therefore we should base our strategy versus this villain on them being loose and weak but agg.

1 Our OOP opening range should play well OOP versus a 3 bettor who does not fold.
Does 86s fit that range?

2 When we do open and get 3 bet does 86s fit in our 4 bet range versus a weak loose player? Loose weak players get to showdown very often, is 86s a good 3 street showdown hand?
When we 4 bet 86s we do it to get folds or to balance our range but loose weak players chase and they have no idea about ranges, as you saw on the river.

This hand indicates that you may not be adjusting your ranges for V type. It may be a helpful exercise for you to build a 4 bet range for this type of V that is refined by 3 street playability and showdown strength.

Hope this helps
:):)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What hands do you want to min raise preflop? The flop bet is fine although it could be played more aggressive given the sequence we face.
On the turn you should check out some strong hands. New draws are opened that you could represent and the river jam becomes better when you can polarize your range with a larger bet.
Greetings.

C

ciriciric

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hands do you want to min raise preflop? The flop bet is fine although it could be played more aggressive given the sequence we face.
On the turn you should check out some strong hands. New draws are opened that you could represent and the river jam becomes better when you can polarize your range with a larger bet.
Greetings.
What do you mean "What hands do you want to min raise preflop?"
When you say more aggressive, you mean larger sizing?

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from MP this is just a fold pre... don't even open.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think that you can argue that, best case scenario, your opponent folds to your 4-bet. Because you have a very weak hand, and he has position. Obviously, to make him fold, you'll have to bet bigger. I'd have bet at least $30.

But, this isn't the way to beat a LAG. Wait until you get a big hand, and slow play it. Because folding is not his forté.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mimicking what others have already said but you are making the wrong move here, at the wrong time, against the wrong opponent. You have a weak hand that is not hopeless since its suited with connectivity but you are playing it from the start (since you know villain is a 3 bettor) to 4 bet bluff but then your 4 bet sizing is way too small to bluff and you are going against an opponent that will probably rarely fold.

If you want to play this hand as a bluff against this opponent (which I dont think I would because in cash games we get to be patient and pick our spots and there are better spots than 86 suited OOP) I would probably go for a post flop bluff and not a pre flop bluff. Maybe open smaller and just call the 3 bet pre if you think its weak and then check raise somewhere post flop. Like I said I dont like that either but here you are making a move that you know isnt going to get through based on villain and your own bet sizing and then are playing in a bloated 4 bet pot OOP.