$50 NLHE 6-max: $ NLHE 6-max: Your play on this river given my reads (tldr)

Lmbeach

Lmbeach

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand takes place at a local bar that I use for gas/lunch money through the week, every week. It's a $0.25 ante only game (yeah I know, weird structure)

Our Villain has been raising something like 50% of his hands and will continue to fire on every street. I have seen him show up with anything. I have seen him bet bottom pair on a 4 to a flush board, stack off with over pairs/2pairs or even a weak draw. He has been rebuying every time he looses, and at the start of our hand here has some money left from a hand where he won a $200 pot by making runner runner full house over a flopped straight and a turned flush (all in on the flop!). I've noticed that when he has a hand he thinks is the best he will usually ship, regardless of the pot size, but bets so big that most rivers he ships anyway. IE: if he turns a flush he will go all in regardless of the pot size, but if he doesn't have it, will just bet. I've stacked him once already getting it in preflop with AJo vs A7s. Obviously there isn't much I'm folding to this guy, but this isn't about how to play against him, it's about how you would interpret his actions on the river.

The hand:
Pre: $1.25 in antes
He raises first action $2, two calls to me with KK, I raise $8, folds to him, he calls, one more call to me.

Flop: $25.25
3c4c5h

He leads for $15, fold, I decide I'm going to let him stack himself here, he has folded to aggression from me a few times. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a straight or 34/45, he would have led for $40 or so if he did (maybe all-in) that makes his 'range' no pocket pair, no two face cards, not A8ish+ (all of those he would have shoved pre), so he must then have a club draw or some pair plus straight draw.

Turn: $55.25
Qc
He leads for $25, I call ( I have two red Ks). At this point I'm planning to fold to a club river and will strongly evaluate a 2/6/A (he didn't shove the turn so I pretty much don't think he has a flush). I expect him to shove on the river, if he checks, I'm shoving for value. At some point I flopped a full house on him and shoved the river and was called by middle pair.

River: $105.25
3d
He says "Well, shit. * 3 second pause* I'm all in." ~$65 then proceeds to yell at the bar tender for another drink across the bar. It feels like he is doing everything he can to not look at me.

After some thought I decided to stick to my original turn plan, although the "well shit" and ordering another drink seemed like he thought he was strong here. I feel like if he had just shoved and not made that statement it's a slam dunk call, but after I realized he could have just binked a hand, most likely A3 or 63. I had not seen this from him before, but it felt distinctly strong, not weak acting strong. I called.

Interested to see what others think. I'm sorry it's so long.

I ended up stacking him a few more times for various amounts (and doubled him up once when my AA lost to KT), the last time he came in with $150 and on the 2nd hand got it in with me while he held QJ against my QQ... I have gas and lunch money for a few weeks off this guy.