Turn As
Villan checks hero checks
River 4h

Villan bets $3.55 Hero raises to $9.75
Villan jams remaining stack
Hero???

Preflop I thought about 3betting but decided on a flat
Flop- simply a call IMO

Turn -when villan checks I decide to check back hoping he will bluff river if he has QQ KK etc

River- once I boat up it's a definite raise if I simply had trips I would of just called.

I went for a size worse Ax will call or the prementioned KK, I thought if I pile it in I'm not getting called but should I be ripping it in here

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your post is confusing to me since you were in the BB and then you wrote on the turn when villains checks I decide to check back. You would still be out of position there. I will give my opinion based on you were in the BB as mentioned but that part and the river action is confusing.

As far as the hand goes, its a pre flop raise of 2.25x and you defend with a suited wheel ace which is fine. On the flop I agree its a check call since if we are going to defend there then we need to call their c bets when hit an ace hits (even though we could easily be behind here) and even float when nothing hits for us.

On the turn we should be OOP of position so we would be checking with the villain checking behind. I like checking there as well as its doubtful the villain has the case ace left but still possible and all their other holdings other than sets that are non ace will feel more impowered since it is not less likely we have an ace now. Checking hoping for the villain to bet is the best play for value. Its a moot point but from there we can call or even go for a small check raise depending on what we think of villain.

On the river for the action to make sense you must check first and then the villain bets $3.55. That is a gutsy check there as villain could easily check behind. The check play is great when the villain bets and bad when they dont. It worked out here for you and you check raise as you should. When the villain jams over your raise Im not sure what there is to think about here. Yes, you dont have the nuts as A8 or A7 beats you but are you going to lay down 3rd nuts worried about that possibility when villain would make this move with AJ through AK and also with their 77 and 88 hands? We have $25 to start the hand according to your post and we have put in 12.50 so far. Half our stack is in with a boat on the river and we are getting 2.5 to 1 if my math is right. This is a snap call and a bad cooler if they have A8 or A7. Some hands worse than ours that would be doing this plus the price makes this a very easy call to me.

To answer the last question, no dont be ripping it for 22 ish on the river, your check raise size was fine. I think a huge bet could possibly scare off a AJ or A10 type hand and raising as you did will get those hands to call for the price they are getting. Also with your sizing, villain might think (as they did here) that they can raise over you and still have some fold equity.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You absolutely have to call his jam. If you lost the hand, it was a VERY unfortunate cooler.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your post is confusing to me since you were in the BB and then you wrote on the turn when villains checks I decide to check back. You would still be out of position there. I will give my opinion based on you were in the BB as mentioned but that part and the river action is confusing.

As far as the hand goes, its a pre flop raise of 2.25x and you defend with a suited wheel ace which is fine. On the flop I agree its a check call since if we are going to defend there then we need to call their c bets when hit an ace hits (even though we could easily be behind here) and even float when nothing hits for us.

On the turn we should be OOP of position so we would be checking with the villain checking behind. I like checking there as well as its doubtful the villain has the case ace left but still possible and all their other holdings other than sets that are non ace will feel more impowered since it is not less likely we have an ace now. Checking hoping for the villain to bet is the best play for value. Its a moot point but from there we can call or even go for a small check raise depending on what we think of villain.

On the river for the action to make sense you must check first and then the villain bets $3.55. That is a gutsy check there as villain could easily check behind. The check play is great when the villain bets and bad when they dont. It worked out here for you and you check raise as you should. When the villain jams over your raise Im not sure what there is to think about here. Yes, you dont have the nuts as A8 or A7 beats you but are you going to lay down 3rd nuts worried about that possibility when villain would make this move with AJ through AK and also with their 77 and 88 hands? We have $25 to start the hand according to your post and we have put in 12.50 so far. Half our stack is in with a boat on the river and we are getting 2.5 to 1 if my math is right. This is a snap call and a bad cooler if they have A8 or A7. Some hands worse than ours that would be doing this plus the price makes this a very easy call to me.

To answer the last question, no dont be ripping it for 22 ish on the river, your check raise size was fine. I think a huge bet could possibly scare off a AJ or A10 type hand and raising as you did will get those hands to call for the price they are getting. Also with your sizing, villain might think (as they did here) that they can raise over you and still have some fold equity.

Yes sorry you are right I wrote the action down wrong.

I called and seen the bad news of A7

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a 50bb game the ranges become much narrower. So a hand like A4dd can be a great bluff preflop against a stack of equal blinds. If our perceived range is wider, the call becomes marginal being OOP, so we can decide based on the readings we have of V. Without specific readings we can take the place in a 50% call / 50% fold ratio when we have a range more large.
The result of the hand was inevitable and it was well played. On the river the raise must be bigger. At least do it at 11euros so that V feels more committed. When you min raise, in the end your range will feel stronger and you will allow V to make exploitative folds more often.
Greetings.