K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/9a1RqmFG

Hi all! I think it is difficult to determine how to deal with situations like this..

V here is a bit aggro, but against me I suppose more because I think he knows me like a bit of a aggro player.

I could 5B but choose to call. Flop I call, but with the call on the flop on the turn it feels like I can't fold there. Maybe better 5B pre or reraise on the flop with the thought that if I want to pay the money anyway, than just pre of on flop. But, with his range, he could have some bluffs...?

How can I find factual answers to sitatuons like these? Which software are u using to find this?

Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate it a lot! Have a nice day, regards

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand plays differently if you are being 4 bet by the original raiser but in this case it is a cold 4 bet by the BB. This to me has a much more premium range than a 4 bet by the initial raiser would. You can call me nuts (others do lol) I would be considering folding here a lot given that I dont think they do this often with 99 or 1010 and never do it with 88 and lower and I doubt AK even does this. Maybe that is way too tight a range but cold 4 bets should have a tight range. We know that if we are going against QQ+ then we are never getting a fold and have only two outs and when we just call this then any Q+ card scares us when we play against the rare 99 and 1010. On top of that villains stack was less than 100BB to start the hand which to me means that a cold 4 bet hand is going all the way no matter what and since we are in position it means villain will have the first crack at bluffing (not that we would bluff here) but you know any flop you are going to face a big bet.

As played the flop is one of those flops that does drag us in since we have an overpair but notice the 9 does come off so based on the range I gave them that is weighted towards QQ+, even the rare 99 beats us now. I hate calling pre and then folding now so if you call the flop then you have to go with it but you were in a bad spot pre and now in a worse place on the flop.

I am thinking my options here would be to call this bet with the intention of never folding or just fold now and I much prefer to be nitty and fold now pre flop.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop call is balanced when MP folds. If we believe that the BB does not have bluffs in its range, it is reasonable to fold pre, since we will have a very difficult battle in postflop. However, having this reading implies knowing our rival enough. Because from BB the villain can include a greater amount of bluffs in his range of 4-bets.
Postflop doesn't change the dynamics much. You will be outmatched by all the hands of the value that the villain has and you will be ahead of most of his bluffs. Here it is good not to block any broadways of spade and any random combination that a wide BB could have chosen to bluff.
Greetings.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
300hpgod & Gustav, many thanks for taking a look to the hand and your reply. You are great. It helps me to find answers, improving my game and having more fun on the tables.

To determine how profitable a play towards flop is, I use equilab. Can you say anything about which software you use to find answers in spots like these? Feels like equilab is good but there are programs that suit me better.

Again, many thanks!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
300hpgod & Gustav, many thanks for taking a look to the hand and your reply. You are great. It helps me to find answers, improving my game and having more fun on the tables.

To determine how profitable a play towards flop is, I use equilab. Can you say anything about which software you use to find answers in spots like these? Feels like equilab is good but there are programs that suit me better.

Again, many thanks!

To analyze the pre and post-flop situation, any soft that obtains the equity of a range with respect to another range and the impact it has on different textures will be good.
If you want to get a solver, anyone that uses the Nash method will be good. But you must consider that these solvers work correctly, for HU duels and when we assume that the players always use the same strategy. Which consists of: Not to win, so as not to lose in the long term.