K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/1a1RMpfo

Hi all! I am very curious what you think of this hand.

QKs with 1 player a 100% 3B IP. With the caller on CO a 3B as well? Can I make it bigger? $6.26/$6.75?
Flop call
Turn I made it very small. Feels right in the moment > provoke a raise for example of AT/AJ.. Next time better 65/80% pot.
River the board pairs. Do I bet for value here and accept if he have 66/TT/AJ, maybe he pays with KJ/AK/AQ? I feels I had to check here.

Thanks again a lot in advance! Have a nice evening!!

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this dynamic KQs is one of the hands that you can mix by 3-betting or calling directly preflop, taking into account that this second action weakens to the CO, because it allows you to keep more speculative hands on his range. Which puts us ahead of a lot of his bluffs, because here opener retains the majority of AX combos from MP. For all that, I am more inclined to simply call preflop, to preserve the possibility of an isolation with CO and at the same time protect myself from the opener, with which we can balance ourselves more frequently, thanks to the equity that we neutralize of CO.
As played, in this 3-bet pot, the MP range is narrow and now on the flop, we should be behind the MP when we will continue 3MWP, because the MP after his call, will continue with the strongest part of his range. Whereas the CO just looked like a player who was a bit disoriented and made a donk bet to get some additional information.
Now OTT we are donk betting, making a possible block bet. Basically we are representing a hand of value, which needs protection, given the dynamics that are presented.
As the MP range feels super strong, this villain won't want to scare us with a raise on this rainbow board.
Also, if the villain MP perceives that our range is of medium-low strength, he will not get additional value when OTT raise, because he will eliminate from our range, all the marginal bluffs.
OTR comes out another J and now this is a street that benefits the villain MP more than us. This player has shown solidity in each of the stages of the hand, so he would give him credit and personally I am checking this river 100% of the time.
Greetings.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Gustav, it is clearder now for me.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQs has great playability as a flat call as well as a 3 bet pf. You have position, and the suitedness gives you opportunities to apply appropraite aggression on some flops.

As played, I think the value bet on the river is mandatory. If villain had 2 pr or a set on the flop, he would have probably played more aggressively vs 2 players.