$50 NL HE Full Ring: How do you play JJ turn/river? Solver takes unpopular play on both

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.25/$.50
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
$
How do you play this hand on flop and turn? Surprisingly I bet the solver disagrees with most on both streets.

Hand Here

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would play it different too! Note it helps to use the forum hand converter so the hand is written out, as it's hard to watch a video and remember all the details.

Preflop
Why only 3x 3bet oop, especially v a 2x open I would go larger. Villain gets too good a price to call. I would go 4x typically.

Flop
You say it's a good flop for Jack's. It is ok, but it hits the 3bet caller pretty well as they will have TT, 99, 88, 98s, T9s, Qjs etc. You will have fewer such combos. Therefore if you are going to bet I would choose a much smaller size. You could check range here though JJ does benefit from a bit of protection and you have the straight draw outs.

Turn
Bad card for your hand but good for range. By betting so big on the flop it's likely most AK, KQ is folded but villain could have KT. I dont really understand the huge bet, are you value betting or bluffing? You may be pleased that villain folded but he was probably drawing thin anyway, he wasnt folding a better hand here. If you bet smaller you could have got more value from AT, QT, A9 etc

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Because you don't want him to fold.
So do you make bigger 3bets when bluffing or do you only 3bet for value? If you vary your 3bet sizes do you worry your opponents will notice?

With JJ I am pretty indifferent between getting a fold amd a call, as there are usually over cards and you are out of position!

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
So do you make bigger 3bets when bluffing or do you only 3bet for value? If you vary your 3bet sizes do you worry your opponents will notice?

With JJ I am pretty indifferent between getting a fold amd a call, as there are usually over cards and you are out of position!
Typically these online stakes at this site is full of fish, so the goal is to see a lot of flops. Almost all players have a low fold to 3bet stat, so typically not 3betting bluffing. So normally for value.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Just yesterday I opened to $1.25 with AA, I got 3bet to $4 with one caller. I went allin for $65, they both called. AQs ($68) and 77 ($45).

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How do you play this hand on flop and turn? Surprisingly I bet the solver disagrees with most on both streets.

Hand Here
I would love to comment and analyze this hand. But instead of posting an external link to a site, if you please do the major kindness and favor to post a hand in a text format it would be awesome and then I will certainly comment and analyze it. 😃

Thanks for your contribution and keep on posting.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would love to comment and analyze this hand. But instead of posting an external link to a site, if you please do the major kindness and favor to post a hand in a text format it would be awesome and then I will certainly comment and analyze it. 😃

Thanks for your contribution and keep on posting.
Posting a hand in video format on YouTube or Rumble is easiest for most people. Its exactly how Daniel Negreanu, Doug Polk, BlackRain, Red Chip, Jonathan Little, etc, etc, do it.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Posting a hand in video format on YouTube or Rumble is easiest for most people. Its exactly how Daniel Negreanu, Doug Polk, BlackRain, Red Chip, Jonathan Little, etc, etc, do it.
Neat, once again, thanks for your input.
To be sincere I don’t know this site and I tend to trust more on YouTube videos.
And I confess that I’m lazy to watch a whole video to make a hand breakdown: it is much more easy to me to read a text and then analyze it. 🤣

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Neat, once again, thanks for your input.
To be sincere I don’t know this site and I tend to trust more on YouTube videos.
And I confess that I’m lazy to watch a whole video to make a hand breakdown: it is much more easy to me to read a text and then analyze it. 🤣
Rumble is stealing market share from YouTube, 2nd most used video site. its getting more popular due to less ads.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played it well. I liked the preflop raise and postflop bet. Going all-in with the K took balls, but you still have outs.

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think you played it well. I liked the preflop raise and postflop bet. Going all-in with the K took balls, but you still have outs.
Solver suggests check flop and allin on turn. K on turn you should go allin because if you check and they go allin, you're calling. So you should initiate it, since you're not nutted.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Solver suggests check flop and allin on turn. K on turn you should go allin because if you check and they go allin, you're calling. So you should initiate it, since you're not nutted.
You mean all in on turn after betting pot on flop? If you check flop as solver suggests it surely wouldn't be shoving. Presumably a small bet if checks through

BigKulpPoker

BigKulpPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
You mean all in on turn after betting pot on flop? If you check flop as solver suggests it surely wouldn't be shoving. Presumably a small bet if checks through
Did you put in villain's correct stack size? and I'm not sure, I had friends run the solver for me.