pokerstars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.25/$0.50 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/125dKIubZ

UTG: $50.00 (100 bb)
CO: $50.00 (100 bb)
BU (Hero): $62.33 (125 bb)
SB: $98.25 (197 bb)
BB: $50.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with J♦ J♠
2 players fold, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, BB 3-bets to $5.31, Hero calls $4.06

Flop: ($10.87) 6♠ T♠ Q♥ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($10.87) 7♠ (2 players)
BB bets $3.31, Hero calls $3.31

River: ($17.49) 9♣ (2 players)
BB bets $41.38 (all-in), Hero calls $41.38

Total pot: $100.25 (Rake: $2)

Showdown:
BB shows A♥ K♠ (high card, Ace)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 32%, Turn: 34%, River: 0%)

BU (Hero) shows J♦ J♠ (a pair of Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 68%, Turn: 66%, River: 100%)

BU (Hero) wins $98.25

I didn't have specific readings on the villain, but I had a gut feeling that his range could be wide. What made me think that was that he did not cbet OTF. Perhaps this is not a strong enough argument to justify the OTR call, but this the sequence went.
Let me know your thoughts on this hand.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice hand.

I'm worried my comments might be tainted by knowing the showdown.

Villains river line is saying he has a flush, but it's odd not to bet such a draw on the flop and then only very small on the turn. So I think the line looks odd. Your hand is a great bluff catcher as you have Js. So there arent many flushes available for villain AKs, A5s, A4s... I struggle to give him AQs or KQs as surely these would bet flop (as should the other but this feels even more likely). Even just considering AKo there are 6 logical bluff combos with a high spade in them, so lots of available bluffs.

Therefore I think this is a great call.

P.S rake looks acceptable, I've had 25NL hand also capped at $2 for pots half the size.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.25/$0.50 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/125dKIubZ

UTG: $50.00 (100 bb)
CO: $50.00 (100 bb)
BU (Hero): $62.33 (125 bb)
SB: $98.25 (197 bb)
BB: $50.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with J♦ J♠
2 players fold, Hero raises to $1.25, 1 fold, BB 3-bets to $5.31, Hero calls $4.06

Flop: ($10.87) 6♠ T♠ Q♥ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($10.87) 7♠ (2 players)
BB bets $3.31, Hero calls $3.31

River: ($17.49) 9♣ (2 players)
BB bets $41.38 (all-in), Hero calls $41.38

Total pot: $100.25 (Rake: $2)

Showdown:
BB shows A♥ K♠ (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 32%, Turn: 34%, River: 0%)

BU (Hero) shows J♦ J♠ (a pair of Jacks)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 68%, Turn: 66%, River: 100%)

BU (Hero) wins $98.25

I didn't have specific readings on the villain, but I had a gut feeling that his range could be wide. What made me think that was that he did not cbet OTF. Perhaps this is not a strong enough argument to justify the OTR call, but this the sequence went.
Let me know your thoughts on this hand.
Nice hand mate. Taking into consideration that you opened 2.5x and villain 3-bets to 4.2x, we already put villain into AQ+ and QQ+ as values and some suited aces and broadways as bluffs.
The flop comes medium to us with a bunch of backdoors and a queen. When villain checks we are assuming that villain missed and wants to control pot. So we remove TPTK and flush draws that would be betting this flop in a high frequency.
We could be betting here, but we just called 3-bet preflop and we can get tons of calls and raises which will put us in an awkward spot.
The turn isn’t the best card possible but we believe villain doesn’t own this flush of spades, otherwise it would be betting the flop. Villain bets white small here and we can never fold and never raise.
Although villain doesn’t own the flush right now, it can be holding spades on its range and it is a spades better than our spades. Villain betting small is a strong tell that it is not concerned about river being another spades. If villain hadn’t any spades on its range it would be betting more here.
Now the turn completed another possible straight (turn completes flush of spades and a minor straight).
Now comes an interesting fact: there are only 35 BB in the pot and villain... shoves?!?!? Is it betting nearly 83 BB to win a pot of 35 when you fold?
But this isn’t the most interesting fact: if villain had any straight it would be jamming this river like that? Of course not, for there’s a huge chance of all losing hands to fold and only the flushes to call.
If villain had the nut flush it would be jamming river like this? Once again we believe not, for there’s a great potential of losing value of dominated hands.
Top pairs, two pairs and sets shouldn’t be jamming river as well, at maximum betting a thin, close sizing.
Another point is that if you are a regular playing NLHE 50 and you have no readings on villain, there’s a good chance that this opponent is a recreational player. The field of NLHE 50 is very small, almost all players know one another, so if this opponent is new it could be one taking his shots.
If villain wanted to convince us that it had the nuts OTR, it should’ve c-bet flop>c-bet turn and then jammed river.
And this is a very good reading of yours! Many times we could be overfoldind in spots like this, for we don’t have much time to think and analyze the hand as we have here, so very good gut feeling, but checking analytically, we perceive that villain’s line hasn’t coherence and strength.

Best regards;

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
well-played game, I have had such games on similar bets, although I went with a combination of straight already from the flop, I fell out with D9 and played the whole game, and the opponent had just a pair of AA and he even just went all-in with a pair at the end