$50 MAX, trips on scary board

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand happened last night. After about a month and a half I decided to play a cash game. Unfortunately I don't know how to post HH from PS (maybe someone can explain how to, I suck with computers lol) so I'll do my best to explain it. I think its an interesting hand and would sure like some opinions.

We're on a full table (9 pl), I've been playing a little less than an hour, I have $83. I'm in the CO and I'm dealt QQ. 3rd player from BB raises to $2 and there is 1 caller. I reraise to $8 (in hindsight I should have reraised at least to $10, I know, bad mistake). Action folds to 1st raiser, he calls, other player folds, so we're HU.

This villain has been in many pots, limping in some, raising PF in others, he's kind of aggressive after the flop but I've seen him fold to resistance. He seems like a decent player. He went to showdown twice winning both times, a flush with KQs one time and a pair of jacks with AJ in the hole the second time (I actually lost that hand to him but it was a small pot, the board had JT98 open ended straight on the turn, I had KJ and we both checked turn and river). He had raised PF to $2 in both those hands. He has a little over $100 in chips, I have $83.

So we go to the flop with me wondering what he called with. Flop is Q-9-K all of diamonds. He checks. My concern is that he has a high diamond and I could be in danger. Pot is $18.75 (lets disregard the rake for simplicity), so I decide for a $15 bet. He reraises to $30. Now, what do I do here and why? I'll post results after.

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, with a set like that, i'd go for it. Take him down - if nothing else, show him whos the sheriff - all-in would be my call.