naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$5 PLO 6-max: 3 different hands, I want to know how to extract max value for it

Now I'm fairly new to PLO, (I mean I've dabbled in it in the past, lost then dabbled some more, lost:eek: , but over time I did pick somethings up)...

I understand I really suck when it comes to any sort of variant of holdem, and truth be told, I'm stuck at a low level, thus that's why I want to ask different question pertaining to the hand..

Now in this hand, you'll see something (Mind twisting), now my questions for this hand is

A) could I not have CIB to try to get more players into the pot? Or is that a really horrendous idea? If it's a horrendous Idea then (My reply to this would be that the UTG raiser, would've RR us, and thus I could've gotten it to be HU (Or am I mistaken)?

B) Was my 5 bet not a signal in itself? And should I just change it up?

C) Is the hand it self worthy of doing this type of raise? I mean I understand AA/KK (Double suit) would be the best starting hand in PLO, but is my hand choice really that awful? In this circumstance speaking?

hand 1

pokerstars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($15.91)
BB ($4)
UTG ($12.50)
Hero (MP) ($12.69)
CO ($7.21)
Button ($4.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif

UTG bets $0.17, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, SB calls $0.38, BB calls $0.35, UTG raises to $2.40, Hero raises to $8.40, 3 folds, UTG calls $6

Flop: ($18) 10
club.gif
, A
spade.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $4.29 (All-In), UTG calls $4.10 (All-In)

Turn: ($26.20) 5
spade.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($26.20) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $26.20 | Rake: $1

Results:
UTG had 6
spade.gif
, 8
club.gif
, Q
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(two pair, tens and fives).
Hero had A
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 10
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(full house, Aces over fives).
Outcome: Hero won $25.20

Here's hand 2 and I want to know exactly how should I have gone about trying to get some value with it? Also should I just fold these for future cases? Don't get me wrong, I would'nt have called a 4 bet pre with this hand, so what did I do wrong that I didn't gain anything in the hand? Should I just lead on flop? Should I just checked turn? If I checked turn then how could I have started building a pot:confused: , really plz help me with this cuz I lose so much value not understanding how to build pot/when to start building them? When to slow down in order to build the pot?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($15.34)
Button ($3.43)
Hero (SB) ($25.34)
BB ($7.21)
UTG ($4.32)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J
heart.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
, 3
club.gif

UTG calls $0.05, MP bets $0.22, Button raises to $0.39, Hero calls $0.37, BB calls $0.34, UTG calls $0.34, MP calls $0.17

Flop: ($1.95) J
spade.gif
, 9
diamond.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks

Turn: ($1.95) 10
spade.gif
(5 players)
Hero bets $1.25, 4 folds

Total pot: $1.95 | Rake: $0.08

Results:
Hero had J
heart.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, J
club.gif
, 3
club.gif
Outcome: Hero won $1.87

Hand number 3 (I think I realize what I did wrong in this hand), and If I'm not mistaken CP9 and Marginal both also pointed it out in another thread before by me, but I just want to once again go over it, so I understand (What they said, and they also understand I understood).

So in this hand, I think I messed up by shutting down on turn, and actually not leading out on turn, since both players, actually flatted my RR on the flop, and thus were interested to see, what I did on the turn, and by me shutting down on the turn, I didn't get them to commit to call me on the river, and this+my over bet pot on the river bet SCREAMED I HAVE A BOAT...Is that spot on accurate?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($5.27)
MP ($11.53)
CO ($5.11)
Button ($5.52)
Hero (SB) ($12.45)
BB ($2)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K
spade.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
, 3
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif

UTG bets $0.17, MP calls $0.17, 1 fold, Button calls $0.17, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.73) K
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.10, Button raises to $0.59, Hero raises to $2.57, 1 fold, MP calls $2.47, Button calls $1.98

Turn: ($8.44) 6
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks

River: ($8.44) A
club.gif
(3 players)
Hero bets $8.09, 2 folds

Total pot: $8.44 | Rake: $0.35

Results:
Hero didn't show K
spade.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
, 3
heart.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(nothing).
Outcome: Hero won $8.09

Another note on the last hands flop C9 and Marginal both pointed out on the other thread I should've lead flop, but here the issue I was having with leading flop, since I had top set I was hoping the O.R would've continued and thus called a RR, but this sent a message I was strong (Correct), so I can't figure out hand reading on PLO unless I watch the betting patterns, and I could'nt really put either of them on a set, because (It did cross my mind, but then I thought surely theu RR with a set correct), so I thought my best option would have been to C/R flop and they would've called with there drawing hand, and If they had a lower set would've put me on a draw and RR me and thus I get it in, am I making a mistake by thinking like this? In this case speaking? When I'm not the O.R for the hand, is the question I asking for the 3rd hand

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands