full tilt poker $0.02/$0.05 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 4 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.54
Hero (SB): $6.29
BB: $3.44
CO: $9.61

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with T :spade: 9 :heart: 8 :spade: 8 :heart:
CO raises to $0.17, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.39) K :heart: Q :diamond: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.39, Hero raises to $1.56, CO calls $1.17

Turn: ($3.51) J :club: (2 players)
Hero bets $3.51, CO calls $3.51

River: ($10.53) 8 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets $1.05 all in, CO calls $1.05

Played this hand pretty bad I think, but not sure how to handle bottom set on a drawy flop. On the flop I don't really like seeing the K/Q since KK/QQ are both solidly in his range. However it seems like there's a lot of hands I'm still beating that I don't want to let continue for cheap so that's why I chose to raise. Once he flats I'm definitely happy and just don't want to let a third diamond peel off.

The turn was terrible, and that's where things really fell apart I think. That Jack turns JJxx into a winner against me as well, and also fills in straight draws, which sucks. My thought at this point was basically, I didn't raise the flop to give up now, gotta protect v diamonds, and I still have 10 outs to boat+ even if you did just suck out, so I hate you and I bet. Should I be check/calling, bet/folding instead? I think I'd prefer a bet of about 1/2 pot hoping to act as a blocker and allowing me to get it in on safe rivers, and check/hate life on bad ones when villain jams for me.

Obviously the river is solid, and now it doesn't matter what villain had, but overall this hand just felt like it was going down ugly.

Any advice/thoughts/ridicule appreciated

Last edited:
B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That Jack turns JJxx into a winner against me as well, and also fills in straight draws, which sucks.

You have one of these straights, you just have the bad end of it. Regardless, he didn't raise the turn so he doesn't have the nuts meaning you're at the very least even with him - though probably ahead. Him flatting the flop also means you're probably ahead with bottom set since I don't see any QQQ or KKK wanting to give another card.

IMO, the hand was not played bad. Playing OOP can just be terrifying.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I went special on somehow overlooking my spiking a straight. I was so entirely fixated on the set of 8's that I didn't even notice. I felt the same that sets of KKK or QQQ would want to get stacks in right away, so I definitely discounted them after the flat