$5 NLHE Full Ring: BB, is it OK to call with K9 over 3 limpers?

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Either you edited or I misread. Yeah, not much more than pot left.

Is it me, or are there a lot of black and white statements about certain lines? Does no one ever deviate from 'standard' play?

I'm playing more by my limited experience at 50 than by ingrained standard lines, and I for one am finding it difficult to 'stack a donk' by call/c/r/shove or bet/bet/shove type lines. Regs especially do not stack off when I hit a set and they have an overpair. I'm finding that by mixing things up a little I'm getting a little bit more out of it. Again, I could be wrong :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You weren't against regs in the hand you posted. Standard stack a donk b/b/s.

Stop set mining regs if they're not paying you off.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop set mining regs if they're not paying you off.
I hear you. Although for me, again, it's more about lines. I can set mine imo, as long as I don't c/r turn for example. They've all read Seidman's post apparently. Which means, that on the other hand, the very occasional c/r 'Baluga bluff' works a treat. Basically, I'm finding that I am having to play poker these days... as well as I am able at least.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone's pretty tight and you've got 2nd nuts here IMO so i'd bet out and hopefully get called by KJo, KT maybe JT kind of hands.

surely 4th nuts?

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely 4th nuts?
Well 99 and KK are really unlikely because of combo's. Two of them are accounted for, so there is only one combo of KK or 99 left. Hence I would discount it.
River: ($19) 6
diamond.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $6, MP calls $6, Hero raises $41.76, UTG calls $7.75 (All-In), MP calls $17.33 (All-In)

This really confused me :(

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure jb, I know what you're saying about 4th nuts/2nd nuts, but micro shows up some crazy plays, i was just nit-picking, so to speak.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure jb, I know what you're saying about 4th nuts/2nd nuts, but micro shows up some crazy plays, i was just nit-picking, so to speak.

If I got beat my KK or 99 here i'd just laugh it off. Can't really get more coolered than that :)

F4STFORW4RD

F4STFORW4RD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do generally make lots of notes, but recently I have been playing a lot more tables and it has slipped a little. Also I find mind myself making a lot fewer notes on players that I have classified as "badreg", "TAG/LAG" or "nit" than I do on those that I have labelled as "exploitable". I tend to note their AIPF hole cards, and often not much else.
Actually according to this video I should spend more time making notes about regular opponents, and not so much on fish.

http://www.cardrunners.com/poker-videos/mt-micro-2011-part-2-verneer/