$5 NLHE 6-max: TPTK... board turns nasty on the turn.

D

Deceitful_Frank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

BB ($5.85) This guy is a 19/13 with a steal of 50 over 16 hands.
Hero (UTG) ($4.40)
MP ($1.38)
CO ($6.50) This guy is a 9/7 with a steal of 0 over34 hands.
Button ($2.23)
SB ($9.25) This guy is a 30/17 with a steal of 46 over 54 hands.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K
diamond.gif
, A
club.gif

Hero bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 1 fold, SB calls $0.18, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.80) Q
club.gif
, K
spade.gif
, 7
spade.gif
(4 players)

Ok I go to the flop with TPTP but I have 3 villains and the board is far from dry. I would probably bet pot here with 2 opponents so perhaps 90c to $1 would have been better?

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.86, CO calls $0.86, 1 fold, BB calls $0.86

Turn: ($3.38) 9
heart.gif
(3 players)
BB bets $0.80,

Ok the 9 has come now which could complete the straight and the BB has made a weak bet. I considered calling but I feel we are commited now. If I call here the pot wil be $5 and i will be getting 3:1 if he shoves the river. I am stacking off either way so I guess i may as well shove???!!!

Hero raises to $3.34 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls $2.54

River: ($10.06) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $10.06 | Rake: $0.49

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, your pre flop bet could have been bigger, i try to make my utg bet bigger than any bet on the table, this is to make small pairs think twice and to get hands i dominate call me. Make it 30c

I dont see the villians folding to a bet a little bigger than you made it so if there folding they will fold to your c bet that you made.

As for the turn, the lead makes no sense if he's still drawing but instead of a player who doesn't want to miss a street. Id have just called and got to the showdown as cheap as possible. When someone leads a wet turn card after you c bet the flop, id be worried about good made hands.

Sysvr4

Sysvr4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok the 9 has come now which could complete the straight and the BB has made a weak bet. I considered calling but I feel we are commited now. If I call here the pot wil be $5 and i will be getting 3:1 if he shoves the river. I am stacking off either way so I guess i may as well shove???!!!

The part I think you're missing with this analysis is that there will be plenty of times when he has a two pair type of hand and a card that he cannot shove comes on the river (Ts, for example), thus saving you not only the call decision but about 50BB.

Moreover, I think you're never getting called by worse here. If you're going to continue with the hand, it's a call. I can make a pretty good case for just folding though.