$5 NLHE 6-max: Top 2pairs on a tought Flop!

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 100 BB
BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.28, PFR: 15.90, 3Bet Preflop: 4.43, Hands: 2,239)
Hero (SB): 100 BB
BB: 104.8 BB
UTG: 117.8 BB
MP: 57.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.4 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold

Flop: (5.8 BB, 2 players) K Q T
Hero checks, BTN bets 4 BB, Hero ???

What line do you think that is the best here? Raise(and maybe fold to a 3Bet)?Or Call and reevaluete the Turn??

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on his agressiveness, but if you have nothing on him, I would reraise and see what happens.

That board is simply too scary to let him take another card.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An ATS stat would help, but without that…

I like to 3-bet this SB vs BU. His range is usually going to be weaker so we can get some easy folds. If he calls, we still have most of the better hands. If he 4-bets we have an easy fold. If we go to a flop, it is easier to play KQo with the betting lead, instead of being in a weird spot. Without a 3-bet, You have to think “what flops do I donk? When do I c/fold? When do I c/call or c/raise?"

Yucky flop. I don't think a c-raise is good. He has all of the AJ and TT combos along with the rest of the KK and QQ combos, and we have a pretty weak range on this board. I would think a c-raise from us is mostly JTxx, probably JsTx. We will inflate the pot, and a lot of his draws will stick around.

I probably c/call and hope for a K or a Q. We are at a pretty big range disadvantage, donking doesn't fold out any Ax, and a c-raise is bad.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very wet flop, this situation is one of the toughest out of position.
I'm leaning towards a check raise for value here. And then just hope for a good runout here.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 handed with Villain's stats, we can expect ther to be betting about 1/3 of the time. That's a huge range, and Hero is OOP on a pretty wet board with a hand that has only 4 outs to improve. A like TenJack's thought about 3-betting the flop, but it is a little agro for me.

I would try and end it now with a check raise. Make it 15BB to go on the flop, folding to a large re-raise.

If called there are a bunch of bad cards for Hero; any spade, Ace or T, but there are many good cards. Pretty much any non-broadway, non-spade makes a 2/3s pot bet in order.

If called on the turn, I'd check call a reasonable bet, folding to a shove.