Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with K K
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) Q A 9 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.50) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.10) K (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

BB is new to the table so no particular read.
Against calling station probably I just donk 1.5x pot on the river.

In game I didn't opt for river check raise against unknown given it is super nutty line and V should not have many strong combos to call with. And V should have more JT combos than me in this spot.

Holding this perspective and not going for thick value is probably my leak as I can get values from hands like A3,A9,99,Q9 from check-raise and fold to all-in.

How would you play?

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I think when we luckily hit the K we should re-raise for value, and may not even fold to a re-jam. We only lose to JT but there are lot of combos that we beat. Since people may overvalue two-pair and sets in this situation I will not Fold to a jam. That being said I know it is uncomfortable to risk our whole stack, and that is my leak too. But it is the best way to maximize a hand.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played the hand well and there isn't anything I would have done differently, given we were up against an unknown. You're not guaranteed to see Villain bet on the river because a lot of Ax combos could check behind for showdown value. By betting the river, you give a chance to all the two-pairs and smaller sets to raise you.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I like a bigger flop bet although 1/3rd pot plays well against Ax, I would like something bigger for the stuff we beat that might still call us such as J10 and Qx (villain dependent on whether they would call half pot or so with Qx here). On the turn I like the check but I would be weary making that call because usually nothing will change on the river for us with this board (unless one of the magic king comes) so we are usually calling the turn to fold on the river. On the river we get one of the magic kings and even though it is risky I really like the initial check here as I think villain is very heavy in Ax and I think they will try to squeeze value out of it knowing we may have Qx or some Kx that was too sticky on the turn. I dont agree with the flat call though on the river. Although J10 is possible it is just not that likely that they have it compared to the Ax that they could have. I would be raising their bet for value and would not be worried if they would call or not as you put in your post. They may raise here which would leave us in a tricky spot but it would be villain dependent on whether I called or not. The factors making my decision would be how aggressive post flop are they and do I think they would re raise here with 2 pair. I think not raising villains river bet which is most likely Ax heavy is losing out on value.