$5 NLHE 6-max: Monster draw oop 3 bet pot

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you look at some of the replies they are patronising (yours included) and just plain rude and you are suprised I got defensive.... (quote from you Jordon "This hand is played completely wrong on all streets. The funniest is the $4 flop bet. What were you thinking?"
How do you think this makes people feel and what positives does it give to the thread.
I wouldn't post if I didn't want advice so offer advice not thoughtless comment... do it in the right way please.
This is my last on this thread and probably my last for some time...

I would reply the same way to my best friend if I saw he played a hand that poorly. Put your ego aside and try to improve. Or, you can run away and tell yourself you are right. The number one reason why poker is profitable is because most people find it hard to admit that they need to work on their game.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right you orrible lot. This isn't about ego and Im working very hard on my game with JohnA
1. I made a mistake shoving the flop before giving him a chance to bet. admitted.
2. Im still happy with my preflop readin this hand. This is zoom where prolific three bettors can hide unnoticed amongst the massive player pool unless you have a hud to pick up on them. 3 hands 100% 3bet is enough for me alter tactically whilst playing Zoom.

Before I enter a pot i take note of the stats of the players still to act.
I expected to be raised by this villain. I remember thinking wait for it..wait for it...yup there it is.
The plan would normally be to 4bet bluff with the bottom to mid part of my quasi range such as this. I would expect the 4 bet to take it down enough here.
However, the post flop decision is complicated by the presence of the cutoff who is still in the hand. This for me makes 4 bet bluffing too dangerous in this spot. As i said before its likely im third best.If the CO calls as well that should keep the button honest.
In fact the more I have thought about this hand and the likely post flop skills of the 3bettor the more i like calling rather than 4 betting anyway. 4 betting here opens the door to a 5 bet shove. Which if he has no post flop skills and a medium pair is a decent option for the villain here.
In this hand i was lucky to pick up the oesfd which obviously gives us options.
What's the plan if we miss the flop? Employ one of JohnA's out of the norm lines against stealers like leading out or the overbet the turn play.
If he raises any post flop bet then we can safely give up on the hand.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What to do if ya wiff the flop? C/f most of the time that's why i like a fold oop vs a 3bet with TJ.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fig.... You should 4x pot like this in our HU game ;) lol