$5 NLHE 6-max: Middle pair facing aggression. Fold or call?

C

Cpeck3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played this hand today and I am always uncomfortable playing middling pairs. I feel like folding them all is too weak. See the hand below: I feel like calling the high flop bet was good, but the turn bet I probably should’ve folded. What’s your thoughts?

$0.02/$0.05 USD) - 2020/11/08 11:36:51 WET [2020/11/08 6:36:51 ET]
Table 'Albertine' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: gorcka ($12.44 in chips)
Seat 2: $kari79$ ($10.29 in chips)
Seat 4: cpeck35 ($4.89 in chips)
Seat 5: .CurrerBell22 ($5 in chips)
Seat 6: rinatgsr ($18.53 in chips)
rinatgsr: posts small blind $0.02
gorcka: posts big blind $0.05
Corty O: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cpeck35 [Jh Jd]
$kari79$: folds
cpeck35: raises $0.05 to $0.10
.CurrerBell22: calls $0.10
rinatgsr: raises $0.45 to $0.55
gorcka: folds
cpeck35: calls $0.45
.CurrerBell22: folds
*** FLOP *** [Tc 7s 7c]
rinatgsr: bets $0.65
cpeck35: calls $0.65
*** TURN *** [Tc 7s 7c] [Kd]
rinatgsr: bets $1.90
cpeck35: calls $1.90
*** RIVER *** [Tc 7s 7c Kd] [Qc]
rinatgsr: bets $2.13
cpeck35: calls $1.79 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($0.34) returned to rinatgsr

Any help would be appreciated!

Christian

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From CO you can open 3x as a standard size in micro stakes. Since the blinds will often defend with junk hands, because the cost of calling is minimal, then you want to get more starting value from all the dominated hands that will follow.
On the flop you can call or you can raise, the EVs are similar so any line is valid. V's bet is somewhat polarized, so it could represent from 7x to Ax. As played, on the turn your range becomes weaker, since many of the semi-bluffs of V that could continue to bet like AJ and KJ our hand blocks 50% and 75% of those combos respectively.
Continuing with the V range, it is also unlikely that any value below T will bet as it will be looking from the flop for a smaller pot and now OTT will be dominated by better hands / draws.
Finally if we continue with the valuation of V, hands like Kxs negatively impact our range, so we can comfortably fold on the turn considering the entire sequence of play. The river is the worst card for us, as a hand like AJ should raise the flop more often as it blocks TPTK + JT which are important for this board.
I think the most profitable alternative for this stake if we get to the river (which we shouldn't) is to wait for a better place for another hand.
Greetings.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

you should have raised a good amount on the flop as all the cards were under cards , and it is unlikely your opponent was raising with A7 or pair of sevens. Depending on his range. Was he loose aggressive?, possibly having A7 or A10? Very loose aggressive, possibly with K10? in any case , if you were willing to go all the way on the next turns, even with over cards coming up, you should have gone all in on the flop. Your opponent would have folded most hands such as KQ, JQ or less. You would beat A10, J10 suited . The important thing is to be aggressive . Again, if you are going to put in all your chips, do it early to force folds of cards that are not made but may beat you later. Especially with a flop that has undercards to your pair.

Folding in Poker