$5 NLHE 6-max: Getting value with quads

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not often I get quads so thought it a good one to discuss, especially with so many players seeing the flop. 6 max snap.

My poker tracker had an issue with hand histories today so using the 888 hand history. Villain had reasonably loose stats, around 25/30, cant recall how many hands that was from though.

I was way ahead on that dry flop so checking to see if anyone else bets seeing as there are 3 other players in the pot and some possible draws. Planning to probably just check/call and aim for a really aggressive move on the Turn.

When that plan falls through feel I have no choice but to raise it up on the Turn, I am not really representing quad tens seeing as I didnt bet the flop. Bet small hoping to get more than one of them to come along. I get two folds and a raise. I figure if he is interested enough to raise here I need to take advantage and get even more chips in, so I raise it up even more. He can only have few different hands raising here surely, pocket 2s, pocket 5s, a total air bluff or a flush draw. Maybe a flush draw that might have a gutshot to a wheel straight? He didnt look bad enough to try this with AA or KK and he'd have to be super slow playing those to get this far with them. If he is drawing to a flush/straight I like making him pay more now because he'll give up if he misses on the river. If he did have pocket 2s or 5s he is almost never folding. Basically, despite this looking super strong from me I don't think people at 5NL are folding a big hand here, and I need to charge the draws more now while I can. What do you think?

I'm not screwing about on this river, I just shove the rest for a roughly pot sized bet and figure he calls with his big made hands and folds his busted draws.

***** 888poker Snap Poker Hand History for Game 1411659810 *****
$0.02/$0.05 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***
Table Suweon 10 Max (real money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: matheusveka ( $6.24 )
Seat 2: kotenko0007 ( $2.14 )
Seat 4: Tiktac2630 ( $1.38 )
Seat 6: GreenDaddy2 ( $5.09 )
Seat 7: AntonioN20 ( $5 )
Seat 9: ZerrZi ( $5.24 )
kotenko0007 posts small blind [$0.02]
Tiktac2630 posts big blind [$0.05]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GreenDaddy2 [ Ts, Td ]
GreenDaddy2 raises [$0.15]
AntonioN20 calls [$0.15]
ZerrZi calls [$0.15]
matheusveka calls [$0.15]
kotenko0007 folds
Tiktac2630 folds
** Dealing flop ** [ Th, 2d, 5h ]
GreenDaddy2 checks
AntonioN20 checks
ZerrZi checks
matheusveka checks
** Dealing turn ** [ Tc ]
GreenDaddy2 bets [$0.31]
AntonioN20 folds
ZerrZi folds
matheusveka raises [$0.62]
GreenDaddy2 raises [$1.06]
matheusveka calls [$0.75]
** Dealing river ** [ Jd ]
GreenDaddy2 bets [$3.57]
matheusveka calls [$3.57]
** Summary **
matheusveka shows [ 2c, 2s ]
GreenDaddy2 shows [ Ts, Td ]
GreenDaddy2 collected [ $9.93 ]

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this hand plays itself for the most part. However, with that being said you played it well in my opinion in a spot where not everyone (including myself) would have played it well and might have made some bet sizing mistakes. I like the check on the flop and the bet on the turn along with raising over villain on the turn. Once villain calls that turn though they can really have only two hands the way this has unfolded. I knew before I checked the spoiler alert that villain had to have either 55 or 22. However, there are sometimes there where villain could be on a strange bluff but in those instances they wont always carry through big on the river (basically it will be a one street bluff including any raises). You wisely bet huge on the river knowing they more than likely have a set and if so they think they are beating 10x. Good bet and well played but again, it should be at least somewhat easy to get max value when we have the nuts going against a hand that is 3rd nuts and could be argued at the effective nuts from villains perspective.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback as always. Good to know my logic here was sound.