$5 NLHE 6-max: Combo draw,how do you play it?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this one i dont have to manny hands off vilain that can help me to make a desition. In 22 hands he is VPIP(57) PFR(29) is very low sample but looks like he is a louse player.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/5qHQo9d

So when he call me BTN vs SB i think he is calling at least with 50% off deack.
37R5b.png

So when he 3bets Jam the flop there are diferent aproaches. At the moment when you flop such an strong draw u allwais have in mind that is a flip in worse scenario. 9 clubs+4 T+4 5s=17 outs flop(vs a hand that the overcards wonth be good) that is 68% equity is a lot(off course iff he has a set off 2 or 6 the 7 off clubs wonth be good but that is only 1 out in 17 i have).
So that caind off hands i wonth mind that vilain puts me all in i will allwais have the equity to call.
37R5f.png

So i need 40 equity to have a +EV call.
Iff he is doing this with Tpair + im dominating him
37R5c.png

Iff he do it with FD them my equity is a litle lower since his FD would be dominating mine for sure.
37R5d.png

And iff he only do so with DB+ and FD them is a flip,so still have the right odds to call.
37R5e.png

So i wanth to know in wath rangue would you put him donking and 3betting jamming flop?
And do you raise his lead flop or you stay at call to let him have ramdom bluffes?(i dont mind taking this line since i will allwais have a +EV call at any street and them can fold river iff i miss half deack,but there are to manny scary cards on turn that can make him stop the agresion)

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's an awful lot of analysis there.

When you know what his hand is, you can see that you have 8 flush outs, 5 more straight outs, and 6 clean overcard outs, giving you 19 outs to beat his pair of 7s by the river.

So, on that flop, you are a 64% favourite to win the hand. Either put the money in yourself or call his shove. Either way, if you continue to get all your money in as that much of a favourite, you will be able to buy lots of houses and boats and other glittery stuff.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that we can go allin on the flop or only call his 3bet on the flop. Both options will be good, because opponent is a little commited with a pot and even if you let him bluffs on the flop you will have to call his bets with this combo draw. We have a lot of outs on the flop to win, we are bigger stack and we can let him bluffs. I think like you that we usually we will have something like a coinflip to win this hand in this situation. Good game :)

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although you have a positive equity against possible average values that your villain could defend, you should consider that part of his range is also made up of value combos, which are practically very close to your equity. And on the other hand the V range could also have better semibluffs. So, keeping that point in mind + the fact that any overcard of turn removes much of your equity and favors villain's value range, it's best to protect your range on the flop by calling. Then we will evaluate the turn based on the texture and available readings that we have. You should not create a certain image of your villain, when the sample you have is very small and could be biased.
Greetings.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Although you have a positive equity against possible average values that your villain could defend, you should consider that part of his range is also made up of value combos, which are practically very close to your equity. And on the other hand the V range could also have better semibluffs. So, keeping that point in mind + the fact that any overcard of turn removes much of your equity and favors villain's value range, it's best to protect your range on the flop by calling. Then we will evaluate the turn based on the texture and available readings that we have. You should not create a certain image of your villain, when the sample you have is very small and could be biased.
Greetings.

I like this analysis. ^

The Donk on this board- fishy Vs have top pair/weak pair or a flush draw. I've never seen 1/2 stacked fish donk a set.

Against a balanced/competent opponent, we should be calling a lot here- it's nice to have a hand like this to make our calling range stronger.

@Gustav-
overvards value V's range? How so?

ITH I think turn is a good spot to bluff (vs a fish, who may be scared of a face card). Against a competent V I'm not sure I would raise on a turned K, however.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like this analysis. ^

The Donk on this board- fishy Vs have top pair/weak pair or a flush draw. I've never seen 1/2 stacked fish donk a set.

Against a balanced/competent opponent, we should be calling a lot here- it's nice to have a hand like this to make our calling range stronger.

@Gustav-
overvards value V's range? How so?

ITH I think turn is a good spot to bluff (vs a fish, who may be scared of a face card). Against a competent V I'm not sure I would raise on a turned K, however.

In this specific case yes, because now the protections that the villain could make in preflop make more sense with overcards, because we decided to unlock them. So depending on the width of this villain, we can choose to call on the flop, because if we decide to block value, we do it mostly with a TPTK and that way, bb will more often use club of broadways to weaken our semibluff range.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings.
I put his FD in my analisis to,in fact when you add them my equity gets lower by 2 points every street(the fact that we have a FD make it less likelly(not inposible off course) for him to have it too,so his rangue is more tended to Tpair, doubles and set

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to be only a fold when you know exactly that this player plays sets like this. With a set you are 40/60 underdog. Otherwise this player seems fishy and can do this with other stuff as well.