S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very villain dependent.

Given the fact that you were against him, I think you played it fine.

Against a better, less spazzy opponent, calling his river shove would probably be a losing play.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
The only thing that i don't like is your flop sizing. I think it should be smaller, like quarter pot. Other than that well played.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The river sizing is a big tell for me.
Very rarely will villain min bet with a strong hand, it's almost always a block bet trying to see a cheap showdown. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.
Unfortunately villain goes all in representing a flush, you still have to sigh and call with top two pair... would be interesting to see how you would play a weaker ace or a queen, but again I would still call based on the min bet on the river.
The half pot bet on flop is fine, solvers actually don't mind the larger sizing on boards that slam your range.
Cheers

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strongly agree with cs_rlewis. Played fine. Usually the fish lead the minimum size only with air. There is also an option to keep betting the turn.

P

ProGress39

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd use smaller bet size on flop, sth like 1/4 pot. Then on turn you got 1.50$ in pot, my idea then is to bet quite higher, maybe 2/3. If you use smaller bet size on turn you have higher risk to be 3betted with bluff. If he 3bet turn, I'd fold. Once he calls our turn and checks river, I'd check back.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Low level

this in poker stars occurs in many ways, players with large amounts of BB. playing for fun:jd4:

Folding in Poker