BB: $1.93 (38.6 bb)
MP: $5.87 (117.4 bb)
CO: $6.39 (127.8 bb)
BTN: $1.48 (29.6 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with A
heart4.gif
K
heart4.gif

MP raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, BTN folds, Hero raises to $1, BB folds, MP calls $0.83, CO folds
Flop: ($2.22) 7
club4.gif
club4.gif
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks
Turn: ($2.22) Q
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero...

Villian 60/15 over a meager 40 hands, but he doesn't appear very good. Folded to c-bet (3/6) times. The guy likes to see flops.

So anyway. First off why do I suck at playing AK?!?! Any problems w/ the 3-bet, should I have c-bet (why/why not) and what is our plan for the rest of the hand?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I def. cbet this board.
Assuming your read on villain is correct he is calling us pretty wide for a 3bet pot prf.
I cbet the board because
A) Villains range is wide and we should fold out alot of it(33-66,AT ect).
Cause even if villain is a spaz he is probably not going to be happy with his hand with out a big club/set/TP on this board.
B)If we dont cbet its going to be very hard for us to rep anything later in the hand, granted thats prolly not a big problem against this guy but if we dont cbet we cant really rep AA/KK/QQ(since where obvs cbeting that),a big club(since where cbetting them as well) on turn or river.
Basicly the only hand we would slow play on the flop is AcKc/AcQc.
So yeah i cbet like 1.40 here.

As played, meh pretty much the only hand we can rep by betting the turn is AcKc and AQ but villain is a fish and probably just plays fitfold so i just bet here like 1.40.
Kinda depends on villain postflop tendecys if im beting here thou.
Does he bet alot when checked to or does he like to slowplay?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm the 3bettor and someone calls, I cbet close to 100% whether I connected w the board or not, esp against a fish. Not sure about this at $5nl, but generally I assume that when someone calls a 3bet oop, their range is generally 99-JJ, AQ,AJ,KQ - they have a tough time calling the flop cbet without connecting pretty strongly (omg, a 3bet has to be QQ+!!!), so I get a lot of folds to my cbets.

If they connect, you'll know in a hurry generally, cuz they'll be trying to get all in as quickly as possible oop, or will call the flop and turn cbets if they're passive.