Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
UTG: $4.79 (95.8 bb)
Hero (MP): $6.22 (124.4 bb)CO: $6.15 (123 bb)
BTN: $4.98 (99.6 bb)
SB: $3.98 (79.6 bb)
BB: $5.79 (115.8 bb)

SB posts $0.02, BB posts $0.05
[/FONT]
Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A A
UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.15
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) J T K
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25
[/FONT]
Turn: ($0.97, 2 players) 6
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG calls $0.55
[/FONT]
River: ($2.07, 2 players) 4
UTG checks, Hero bets $5.22 and is all-in, UTG calls $3.79 and is all-in

Hey guys I'm asking for a line check. Villain was 36/3 tighter passive guy.
I guess I have a clear valuebets here from all sorts of pair type hands and draw, combo draw type hands.
Looking for some advice about flop and turn sizing. My reason for shoving a river was that I guess he might have unelastic calling range here? He's either calling or folding any sizing? Thanks

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your line all the way throught. River is definitely debatable but I think a small inducing bet or jam is fine but the jam looks bluffy so we may get called lighter.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3
[/FONT]
UTG: $4.79 (95.8 bb)
Hero (MP): $6.22 (124.4 bb)CO: $6.15 (123 bb)
BTN: $4.98 (99.6 bb)
SB: $3.98 (79.6 bb)
BB: $5.79 (115.8 bb)

SB posts $0.02, BB posts $0.05
[/FONT]
Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has A A
UTG calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, UTG calls $0.15
[/FONT]
Flop: ($0.47, 2 players) J T K
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25
[/FONT]
Turn: ($0.97, 2 players) 6
UTG checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG calls $0.55
[/FONT]
River: ($2.07, 2 players) 4
UTG checks, Hero bets $5.22 and is all-in, UTG calls $3.79 and is all-in

Hey guys I'm asking for a line check. Villain was 36/3 tighter passive guy.
I guess I have a clear valuebets here from all sorts of pair type hands and draw, combo draw type hands.
Looking for some advice about flop and turn sizing. My reason for shoving a river was that I guess he might have unelastic calling range here? He's either calling or folding any sizing? Thanks

Your line looks great here. Perhaps you could have sized up flop and turn bet - so you have less of an over bet on the river. But I think your read is correct. Once your opponent only calls turn, he is never folding river. Either he is a terrible player an is calling you down with one pair K10? or he a stronger hand like a set or second, third flush, which he can't fold.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After Hero's raise there is $32 in the pot and Villain only needs to call $0.15. Almost any hand Villain will limp she will call 1 to win 2. A big pair is only 10% to improve, so it is better to get more money in the pot early.

The flop is wet and hits broadway hands as well as having flush and straight possibilities. This rates a raise larger than 1/2 pot, Hero should raise at least 2/3s pot, IMHO. The turn is a blank and also requires a 2/3s pot size bet.

When the back door flush comes in the river shove effectively turns Hero's hand into a bluff. The are many 2 pair combos Hero is losing to as well as the possible flush. It is best to check and call a reasonable size bet.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your play is fine , the only thing I would of done different is smaller river sizing. You betting massive only forces him to usually call at the top of his range. If villain is a clueless fish then all in on river is fine.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After Hero's raise there is $32 in the pot and Villain only needs to call $0.15. Almost any hand Villain will limp she will call 1 to win 2. A big pair is only 10% to improve, so it is better to get more money in the pot early.

The flop is wet and hits broadway hands as well as having flush and straight possibilities. This rates a raise larger than 1/2 pot, Hero should raise at least 2/3s pot, IMHO. The turn is a blank and also requires a 2/3s pot size bet.

When the back door flush comes in the river shove effectively turns Hero's hand into a bluff. The are many 2 pair combos Hero is losing to as well as the possible flush. It is best to check and call a reasonable size bet.
I think you have misread the board, hero rivers a flush, he has the A clubs, so he has the nuts here.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not comfortable on the flop. I would never shove river.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I normally would use this sizing also but as you have AA would prefer a bigger raise preflop to build the pot.
Flop
Bet bigger you have an over pair to a wet board.
Turn
Difficult spot the flush draw arrived will the villain call a decent bet on this type of board with a hand less then two pair?
Is your bet a semi-bluff or a value bet. Think it is a bit of both, only hands I can see calling here are two pair, sets, and AK, KQ, AxQc, QJ, JT, QT . But it is a limp-called pot from a tight passive player. I wonder what did he limp-call with would be interesting to know for future hands.
River
An over-sized (effectively 2x pot) is ambitious but reasonable bet as what can the villain have that is less then two pair (most of the time he will have a set, straight or second or third nut flush).
One could also argue that a smaller bet might also be better as it could be re-raised by at least the second/third nut flushes and will get called with top pair top kicker.