$5 NLHE 6-max: A4(s) vs ??. good fold river?

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) -
Hero (Button) ($6.08)
SB ($14.04)
BB ($5)
UTG ($7.29)
MP ($5)
CO ($4.71)

Preflop: Hero is Button with ,:4d4:, :ad4:
2 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, CO calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.97) :7d4::7s4::3s4:(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $ 0.48 , CO calls $ 0.48

We have a backdoor nut flush on the flop, so we decide to continue bet.

Turn : ($1.93) :10c4:(2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

After analyzing the hand, it seems to me that here we should have continued to bet as with one of our worst hands. Opp will continue with fd overpairs and top pair.

River : :3d4: ($ 1.93) (2 players)
CO bets $1.20, Hero folds

Last edited:
J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do we have much fold equity against villian when we 3bet bluff pre flop?
I prefer a smaller bet preflop as most of the hands we want to get to fold will do so with a small bet, apart from suited Broadways with spades and obviously 7x hands but he doesn't hold many sevens, I also like a smaller bet on the flop as if he calls we are against a much wider range, and it gives us more opportunity to take down the pot on the turn or river.
As played we could maybe barrel turn to put pressure on some small and medium pocket pairs.
Yeah I would likely fold to this river bet, but a few missed draws are available

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bet smaller flop, does villains flop check call range have any Tx? On the turn if we bet 1/2 -60% pit can we get villain to fold his weaker PP’s?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a zoom game where the villains want to play as fast as possible.
The decision to win the pot preflop with your hand A4s seems correct to me. On the flop you could check a few times on that texture, as your initial goal of getting the pot was not achieved. If we bet on this board, a small size is better that allows the villain to fold his speculative hands.
On the turn the T of club doesn't have much impact on rank V, as most combos that contain it should fold except the flush draws.
The same consideration for the combos: 89, that make OESD. Up to 2 combos will be available: OESD with BDFD and OESD with FD. So betting on the turn is not really important. Since if you are shooting at marginal values as ​​66 and 55 of V, chances are that you have many more bluffs in your range. So if you got called on the flop, you'll only get to knock them down when you're willing to make 3 barrels of bluffs, which is not a good guarantee in a zoom game, where the villains generally filter a lot their range on postflop.
As played, the decision of fold OTR seems correct to me. Maybe sometime a villain will be deceiving you, but you should have some particular clue to find out.
Greetings.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I like the 3-bet with this hand, especially BTN vs. CO, where our 3-betting range should be wide.

Flop
Seem pretty mandatory to continue betting, since we dont have much showdown value, and our hand is certainly not strong enough to use as a bluffcatcher on later streets. If you can get a better A high or even a hand like KQs/KJs to fold right now, thats a great result.

Turn
I would fire again on a diamond turn, but in this case you did not pick up any equity, so now I would just check with intentions to give up, unless I spike an ace on the river. If you dubble and tripple any two cards without showdown value, you end up bluffing to much.

River
I would make a call like this from time to time just to get a feel for, how much the population is bluffing, but folding is certainly fine.

Folding in Poker