No Limit
Stakes
$.02/$.05
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
$
this is a 3 blind game on WPT Global so it is .02/.05/.10

Folds to me in the Cut-off (350BB effective)

3♥️ 3♣️ and I open to 2.5BB

BB raises to 6BB and I call

Flop (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️)

BB bets 6BB

I Call

turn (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️ Q♠️)

BB bets 20BB

I raise to 45BB

BB 3-bets to 120BB

I jam for remaining 290BB

BB calls All-in

River (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️ Q♠️ A♦️)

BB - A♥️ A♠️

Your thoughts on this hand ?

Note: I have played with this player for a few hours in a few sessions and I put him on AXss AQo QJ(suited) KQ(suited) QQ KK or AA. This player always checks his top set hence me ruling out JJ from his range (seen this happen 4 or 5 times).

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standard open from CO while BB's 3-bet is too small. Here BB is representing a wider 3-bet range so we have an easy call preflop.
On the flop I like to create a little more action on the super dry flop. This is a more aggressive game by default, so we'd be happy for V 3-bet on this flop when we have almost the best hand. (there is a slim chance that JJ has, although we now know that if this V 3-bet to 2.4x with aces, he certainly could have them, but we didn't have this information at the time, so our initial assumption must be that V has a wider range).
As played, on the turn we rarely represent a better hand when we raise here. Since Now if we try to block an important hand, we are isolating ourselves more times with better hands because V can more easily fold the dominated part of his range and 3-bet with betters bluffs and stronger hands (sets and overpairs).
This is a deep game where if you call you are with 170 bb behind. Here the information you have about your opponent helps a lot.
If it's a wider V (as it seems) you could call OTT and save some money on the rivers that don't work for you. But in this texture, there are really very few hands you lose with, so there is no significant EV difference between calling and 4-bet jam, trying to represent a hand as QJs.
The hand was a bad beat because V is unlikely to 3-bet you that small size preflop with pocket aces.
Greetings.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A cooler essentially.

I would probably have raised flop but waiting till the turn is fine IP too. Massive overplayed by villain but he got lucky on the river.

Not particularly familiar with 3 blind structures and playing 350bb deep but it wouldn't surprise me if this should be folded pre given it's not a very strong hand and you can get set over set when all the money goes in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against someone, who just cant fold AA or KK postflop, stacking off with bottom set for 350BB is fine. But against slightly more competent opponents, you will usually be against QQ or JJ, when you get 3-bet on the turn, or maybe some kind of combodraw like AK of spades. So you actually overplayed your hand, but luckily for you they overplayed their hand even more. And then they hit a 2-outer on the river, which is basically just a bad beat story.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this is a 3 blind game on WPT Global so it is .02/.05/.10

Folds to me in the Cut-off (350BB effective)

3♥️ 3♣️ and I open to 2.5BB

BB raises to 6BB and I call

Flop (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️)

BB bets 6BB

I Call

turn (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️ Q♠️)

BB bets 20BB

I raise to 45BB

BB 3-bets to 120BB

I jam for remaining 290BB

BB calls All-in

River (2♠️ J♣️ 3♦️ Q♠️ A♦️)

BB - A♥️ A♠️

Your thoughts on this hand ?

Note: I have played with this player for a few hours in a few sessions and I put him on AXss AQo QJ(suited) KQ(suited) QQ KK or AA. This player always checks his top set hence me ruling out JJ from his range (seen this happen 4 or 5 times).
Preflop is okay, because villain made a small 3-bet sizing. On the flop our call is also fine since we don’t have many hands to protect and we want villain to keep barreling on the turn with its entire range.
On the turn villain bets a lot and considering this is a small stakes game I’m totally on board of raising or shoving right now, because it doesn’t seem villain would fold anything after putting more 20 BB into the pot.
Big Blind jams and we are calling here almost 100% of times. Nice hand and well played! Keep on grinding!

Best regards;

P.S: I forgot to ask, what was villain’s Effective Stack

Last edited:
P

puntr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
Preflop is okay, because villain made a small 3-bet sizing. On the flop our call is also fine since we don’t have many hands to protect and we want villain to keep barreling on the turn with its entire range.
On the turn villain bets a lot and considering this is a small stakes game I’m totally on board of raising or shoving right now, because it doesn’t seem villain would fold anything after putting more 20 BB into the pot.
Big Blind jams and we are calling here almost 100% of times. Nice hand and well played! Keep on grinding!

Best regards;

P.S: I forgot to ask, what was villain’s Effective Stack
BB had me covered with 450BB I was around 350BB Deep. Thanks for the Feedback!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB had me covered with 450BB I was around 350BB Deep. Thanks for the Feedback!
It was a real bad luck but in the moment you’ve called the turn jam you had 95% equity or so! The most important part of this hand is that you put the stacks while you were winning, and these things happens, it’s very sad it was a so huge pot, but we must keep in mind that we played completely right and we must be strong, have faith that in the long run hands like these will mean nothing:

Poker Odds Calculator from www.cardschat.com
Texas Hold'em: 100,000 sampled boards containing :2s4: :jc4: :3d4: :qs4:
Player 1( :3c4: :3h4: ): 95.34% lose 4.66% tie 0% EV 0.95
Player 2( :as4: :ah4: ): 4.66% lose 95.34% tie 0% EV 0.05

Best regards;

Last edited:
PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's strange that A on the last card he had 2 outs to beat you, but it happens in some cases it's a good score for him, don't you think?

P

puntr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MX
Chips
it's strange that A on the last card he had 2 outs to beat you, but it happens in some cases it's a good score for him, don't you think?
Yah of course it was a great card for him was just wondering if maybe I overplayed my hand hence the post and asking for feedback!