$5 NL HE 6-max: Hero fold? Straight vs Full House ?

S

SrMartis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.02/$.05
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
Hello friends, here's a hand I played at bodog poker Zone table.

The Zone tables is the equivalent of Zoom of the pokerstars, as anonymous field I had no status, HUD nothing, any kind of information about the villains, only his stack of 100BBs

So here's the action:

I had J9o in the BTN.
The field was overfolding in the blinds, so I decided to open 3X, so the BB calls.

The flop comes Qc8s8d

so I decided to Cbet small ~30% the pot and the villan calls.

Turn comes Th

And the villan raise 1/2 pot, and I reraise 2.5x his bet, and he calls again.

River comes anothet T

And he bets the pot, so I decided to fold, but I'd like your opinion guys.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yep easy fold. Its wierd as he is kind of representing Tx only on the river but its wierd to donk call Tx in that spot. Maybe he had QT or T8, but anyway it's unlikely he has less than a boat so good fold

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
J9o is certainly a standard open from BTN, so "reads" dont really matter here.

Flop
Small C-bet is fine. You dont have much showdown value, and if you can make a hand like A5 or 22 fold, that is a great outcome.

Turn
His lead AKA donk bet on this card is sort of weird. Its almost like, he is representing your hand, which of course he could have, since there are 9 combos available. Anyways I am not sure, I want to raise here. The board is paired, so a straight dont really want to play for stacks here. There is also no flushdraw for you to get value from or protect against. And for those reasons I just call here and look to play the river in position.

River
Barring some kind of read, that the opponent is a complete maniac, this is a pretty easy fold, since you now lose to any T or 8. In general a donk bet on the river, after the turn went donk-raise-call, is a very strong line and rarely a bluff.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I had J9o in the BTN.
The field was overfolding in the blinds, so I decided to open 3X, so the BB calls.
That's okay, if we don't do it a 100% of times. If we open J9o 50% of times from BU, even when they fold too much, that's okay. Remember that our fold equity relies upon the decision of two another players.
The flop comes Qc8s8d

so I decided to Cbet small ~30% the pot and the villan calls.
Okay, we have initiative and we want them to fold. We don't wanna go for larger bets because we open too many hands from BU.
Turn comes Th

And the villan raise 1/2 pot, and I reraise 2.5x his bet, and he calls again.
Villain leads into 1/2 pot or you bet and villain raised? In any case we are not raising again because we don't own the clean nuts for this texture. We call and try to maintin the pot small in situation where we are in doubt. We raise with a plan of shoving any river. Do you have any plans to shove any river? If you are confident enough, okay, we can raise here, if not we call and control the pot.
River comes anothet T

And he bets the pot, so I decided to fold, but I'd like your opinion guys.
Like I said before, there was no need for raising on the turn. Our fold here is fine, we didn't have too many room for bluffing and we don't think we are ahead of anything.

Folding in Poker