Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $4.20 (84 bb)
MP: $5.00 (100 bb)
CO: $5.00 (100 bb)
BU: $4.71 (94 bb)
SB: $5.00 (100 bb)
BB: $3.37 (67 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with T T
Hero raises to $0.15, 2 players fold, BTN 3-bets to $0.30, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop:
($0.67) 9 T Q (2 players)
Hero ???

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't have any stats for any players in Zoom, but there were a few LAGs exploiting from various positions with 3bets in this session. I don't remember if this was one of them but could very well have been.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to donk bet OTF, when V is passive postflop. If you think than V tends lag more preflop, it's a good idea lead OTF for extract value from worse hands.
If V is aggressive, the x/r OTF line has merit. Even though your range might be below an open BU, you could still represent draws that can improve on later streets (flush draws).
But actually V has better blockers on this texture. He could represent the top of his range with hands like KJs, J8s and without forgetting the fact that the best draws here are for straight flushes and royal flush, draws that you can't block, while your villain can.
Based on how V plays, I would recommend a donk bet on the flop for safe value. But if V raise, we could defend, but still keeping fold equity on many turns that could hurt us, for these types of wide villains.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.02/$0.05 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $4.20 (84 bb)
MP: $5.00 (100 bb)
CO: $5.00 (100 bb)
BU: $4.71 (94 bb)
SB: $5.00 (100 bb)
BB: $3.37 (67 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with T T
Hero raises to $0.15, 2 players fold, BTN 3-bets to $0.30, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop:
($0.67) 9 T Q (2 players)
Hero ???
Thanks for putting your hand to analysis. Without further ado, we try to have a solid bankroll management so we can play cash using big stack strategy (100 blinds ES).
That being said, preflop action is okay, TT is too strong to fold to a 3-bet but not so strong to put up a 4-bet, só calling is okay, given this good price villain provided (villain 3-bets to 2x).
This 3-bet sizing could be a tell that villain is a recreational one, plus the broken stack (94 BB).
The flop is good for both ranges although is kinda coordinated. Both check calling and check raising are good lines to follow, considering villain is a recreational, leading into the pot is also a good option. If villain has KJ it doesn’t matter, it also holds another dominated hands and we must charge it ASAP.
Besides, we don’t own the combos of diamonds, one more reason to be putting a lead 2/3 pot or a bit bigger.
If we do check we can plan to check raise in the case villain c-bets.
We are only losing to QQ and KJ, so we are going to bet this flop and build the pot to jam either OTT or OTR.
Thanks for posting.

P.S: check calling is a good line when villain overbets flop and because it is a fish.

Best regards;

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't have any stats for any players in Zoom, but there were a few LAGs exploiting from various positions with 3bets in this session. I don't remember if this was one of them but could very well have been.

Instantly we can see villain is a fish based on their terrible sizing

Why are we sitting with 85bb's?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Check range to 3 bettor. Then I would check raise generally unless villain took daft sizing

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
As others have said, even without HUD-data we have two fish tells here in the form of a broken stack and a silly 3-betting size. Starting with the latter my read is, that this is occationally pocket aces wanting to get action but much more often a bad player mocking around with nonsense. They basically just want to take control of the hand for cheap, so that you dont C-bet the flop, and its easier for them to bluff you postflop. So while we are obviously never folding getting better than 3:1, we could also consider 4-betting here, and if I did that, I would be willing to get it in against a 5-bet.

Flop
A good player might understand, that this board favour the preflop defender, and have some frequency of checking back. However this is not a good player, and weather he have AA or nonsense, he is most likely going to C-bet. So while I would not hate a plan of donk, bet, shove on a clean runout, my preferred line is to go for a check-raise and be willing to get it in against a 3-bet. Yes he could have KJ for a flopped straight, but he could have plenty of other hands as well, and I am definitely in stack-off mode here. This could change later though, if we get an ugly turn card like Kd or Jd. And for that reason the ideal outcome is, if we can get him to commit his entire stack right now.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks everyone for the input. I ended up donk jamming, mostly because I don't like the texture of the board for my set (I can only improve to a boat or four of a kind) but also because I don't want BTN to get a free card by checking back if I had checked with the intention of raising. They love doing that these days. I think in retrospect I would have maybe been better off donk-betting, but that has the disadvantage of actually looking strong to some recreational players. The jam looks bluffy to them and they think I am stealing the pot with some junk hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ended up donk jamming.
Not a big fan of that line. Its a disaster, if we get a hand like AQ to fold, and we dont mind getting action from draws either. Yes sometimes they will get their, but there is also a chance of the other card pairing the board, and then we are pretty sure to win their entire stack. So if I lead here, I go for something more normal like 60c into the 68c pot. This can also look bluffy and maybe even induce a raise.