Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$.02/$.05
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
pleased with the outcome obviously, but was it actually a decent bluff? i think we have strong range advantage and block a few straight combos, i dont think villian has many flushes, but we dont either tbh with the A and King of diamonds on the board.
either way its a tough call for even 2pair imo,

what do you guys think?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/425bwtMAx

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I admire your heart but am not convinced by the bluff. What are you saying you have? A flush, yet you have so few flushes in your range with the A and K on the board and you dont block any of villains flushes. The T is a good card to have but even better if you had a diamond.

Also I like the 3bet preflop, but your size is to small, I would make it at least 4x form oop

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire your heart but am not convinced by the bluff. What are you saying you have? A flush, yet you have so few flushes in your range with the A and K on the board and you dont block any of villains flushes. The T is a good card to have but even better if you had a diamond.

Also I like the 3bet preflop, but your size is to small, I would make it at least 4x form oop
i agree there are better bluff candidates, it is one of those hands that could have gone horribly wrong and i would have had egg on my face. i discarded many of villians flushes once he only called the turn.
usually i do like to 3bet larger but due to partial laziness the Potbet button lured me and usually accomplishes the same thing.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
pleased with the outcome obviously, but was it actually a decent bluff? i think we have strong range advantage and block a few straight combos, i dont think villian has many flushes, but we dont either tbh with the A and King of diamonds on the board.
either way its a tough call for even 2pair imo,

what do you guys think?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/425bwtMAx
Thanks for submitting your hand to analysis. The preflop game was fine, your 3-bet sizing sounds good enough considering positions and players having a wide range.
On the flop bluffing our gutters seem pretty fine (if we aren’t bluffing a 100% of our gunshots) once we had the initiative preflop so we can represent Ax, Kx, Qx and Jx. We have very strong hands and bluffs that continue to c-bet in this particular texture and the chosen size was also okay.
It was a decent bluff, as you have written yourself, we have strong range advantage and we do block many of straights combinations, although we cannot picture if villain had a sticky single diamond on its range or not.
Your second barrel on the turn had demonstrated full confidence and awareness of the opponent, otherwise you wouldn’t continue bluffing. Nice hand and well played. Thanks for posting.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i agree there are better bluff candidates, it is one of those hands that could have gone horribly wrong and i would have had egg on my face. i discarded many of villians flushes once he only called the turn.
usually i do like to 3bet larger but due to partial laziness the Potbet button lured me and usually accomplishes the same thing.
Many flushes are still calling on the turn, specially the nut flush. Why villain would turn the nuts into a bluff having possible straight draws configurations set on the board?
As I said, it was a pretty good reading of hero to bluff in this situation but we cannot abuse neither overbluff, which can cost too much in the long run.
Personally, I would stop bluffing on the turn several times having only a gutter when it completes a flush. And this is the optimal play most of times, what changes the scenario is that you felt for some reason that villain would not sustain a three barrel and a push on the river, even if villain had second nut flush, for example, and it changes the whole picture of our gameplay.
What @Station_Master had written is very valuable also, take it into consideration and continue having great insights, nonetheless controlling the impulse to abuse of them.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Well played you made villain fold a lot of Kx, Qx, Jx... maybe with 1 diamond in his hand he called OTT but the flush missed OTR. Anyway the river shove is the right move, GG.