$400 NLHE Full Ring: Misplayed hand? Failing to get value for 2 pairs

J

jfkingchan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2/$4 live game. Hero has been playing with Villain for a long time and he is in a general a tight player.

Hero: ~$ 800
Villain: ~$ 1000

Live straddle on. 2 players limped to the Villain in the CO who raised to $28.
Hero called with 3s6s on the button hoping to hit a big flop, putting Villain on some premium hands( AK, AQ, JJ+). UTG and UTG+2 called.

Flop came 2c 3h 6c. UTG and UTG+2 checked. Villain bet $80. Hero was pretty sure Villian had a big pocket pair. Could have taken the chance to flat call but the board was very wet and draw heavy. Hero didn't want the other players involved to draw so He pumped it up to $220. Folded to Hero who tank called. At this point Hero was certain Villian had an overpair.

Turn 10d. Villain checked. Pot was around $550ish and Hero had around $650ish left. Hero thought about shoving but finally settled to a bet of $320 to make it look like Hero could still possibly fold. Hero mucked eventually after much deliberation and told me he had Aces.

I felt like I had missed a lot of values but I am not sure how could I possibly get his entire stack. I don't think flat calling on the flop would be a good idea given the board texture and having other opponents involved. Even though I didn't put Villain on club draws(except maybe AcKc or AcQc), a club on the turn would probably kill my actions too. Was it my turn bet that was fishy? Or should I raise more on the flop so that my turn bet could be a pot size shove? Would appreciate some insights! Many thanks

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands