$400 NLHE 6-max: Should I be ever calling this river bet?

T

tofushit888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys,

Got an interesting hand scenario that I need some opinions on!

Blinds: HKD 25/25
Hero starting stack: HKD7500
Villain starting stack: HKD8000+

I had KJ of spades in the SB position. Early positions all fold and button raises to 125. One thing to note is that the button player plays quite loose on the button. I called the 125, but BB (a solid player) 3-bets to 500. Button gets out of the way and I call. Pot is now 1125

Flop comes Jd-9h-8c.

I check, BB c-bets for 600. I call. Pot is now 2325

Turns comes a 3 of clubs. I check again, BB continues aggression and bets 900. I call. Pot is now 4125.

River comes a 7 (forgot which suit). I check and now he bets 3500...I tanked for a long time and ended up calling. He showed pocket 10s for rivered straight haha..

My main reason for calling is because I thought his river bet is quite polarized given the board run-out, any over pairs/sets/2 pairs should be checking the river or go for a smaller-size bet for thin value since I have more 10s in my SB calling range. I thought about the possibility of pocket 10s but imo that hand should be checking the turn a frequent % of the time.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3bet pre, esp vs loose player.
raise turn vs block bet. if he is bombing turn id consider jamming to deny eq, but always consider his range, if its mostly lean then there is no point as he prob doesnt blast AQ etc