Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$2/$4
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
$
Hero 9s10s button. Raise to 20. LoJack and cut off called.
Flop 9s2d8c
Checked to hero.
Hero bets 30 LoJack calls and CO folds.
Turn 5s
Checked to hero. Hero bets 50. LoJack check raised to 125.
Hero calls.
River 10h.
LoJack bets 200. I raise to 350 with top 2. LoJack calls, tables set of deuces.
We were all deep stacked.
What could I have done different? Pretty sure I didn’t have to raise on the end.

Your thoughts?

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The action is not fully clear. I assume LJ and CO limp called? And then on the turn did you have a flush draw or not as you say you had 9s10s but also 9s is on the board. Stack sizes?

Preflop and flop are fine. Turn is ok to bet, though your size is a bit small. Versus raise its fine to call assuming you have a flush draw, without the draw its probably best to fold unless you villain is capable of raising draw.

The main mistake is to raise the river, it's too thin, especially as QJ gets there. Even top two is just a bluff catcher in this spot. I assume the £350 was all-in as it was less than a min-raise, but he is only calling when he beats you

S

Sowega

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yea, picked up flush draw sorry. 9c2d8s on the flop.
I’m pretty sure I fold when checked raised on the turn if it hadn’t been for the draw. And I fold on the end if I hadn’t hit the 10.
Yes, it was an all in.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation (apparently at least two people had limped).

Flop
Standard C-bet.

Turn
76 just got there. When you have a flushdraw, there is less to protect from, and not to many worse hands will call, if you go bet, bet, bet. For those reasons I lean towards checking back here for some pot controls. Yes you have top pair, but not all top pairs are the same, and this is a pretty weak one. Betting is not terrible though, and when you bet and get raised, you have to call because of your draw.

River
Because you improved to two pair, you have to call here, but your hand is not good enough to raise.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero 9s10s button. Raise to 20. LoJack and cut off called.
Flop 9s2d8c
Checked to hero.
Hero bets 30 LoJack calls and CO folds.
Turn 5s
Checked to hero. Hero bets 50. LoJack check raised to 125.
Hero calls.
River 10h.
LoJack bets 200. I raise to 350 with top 2. LoJack calls, tables set of deuces.
We were all deep stacked.
What could I have done different? Pretty sure I didn’t have to raise on the end.

Your thoughts?
You want to range the V on the turn on the five -what value bets likes this and what bluffs like this? This will help you make a better river decision

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The river is def just a call IF you call. Raising is terrible. The flop c/c, turn c/r smells like a big hand, likely a set, especially considering the open limp/call preflop and the low card board.

On the turn I probably would have checked because I turned a flush draw and don't wanna get raised off the hand.

As played, you call the turn raise because he probably has a big hand that will pay you off if you river the flush.

On the river, I could go either way. If the guy will make bluff like that after limp calling preflop, I call, and happily make a mental note of him and hope to find him again on the same table in the future. If I trust my read though, I fold. Like I said, smells like a set, especially given the smallish sizing, which smells even more like value.

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I will say for the record, the action isn't the clearest, but I will try my best.

Preflop

Pretty standard

Flop

You have a top pair OK kicker, but in general hand strength it's kinda average. I would say you can bet small or checking is also fine. We don't want to over play do

Turn

5s finishes draws like 67, and I still don't like the hand strength if he has a set or a straight, we are in big trouble, so I think we should be checking a ton betting here and getting raises on will make your throw up besides your hand good but not amazing check and take your equity

River

I don't like this very much. Yes, we have 2 pairs, but it's not that strong. It's too thin to raise it small bluder here honest to honestly am I leaning towards folding here.