$4 PL O8 6-max: plo h/l trouble hand

P

pokerjes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am really getting degraded at the table for playing this hand the way i did. they were saying that i had crap and i should have folded. need some advice on this hand.

Attachments

• a little confused.jpg
    a little confused.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 15
slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind the way you played the hand. It's hard for you to be beat both ways w the second nut low draw and the big wrap for high. Unlucky that he had such a strong 2 way hand imo.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3rd nut low draw. A4 is the second nuts. And he has the straight made on the flop.

Your hand is certainly on the "not very good" end of things, but with 3 limpers, I'm certainly not folding it in the SB, especially in a pot limit game.

The funny thing is, even though you flopped the nuts, you're actually behind:

ProPokerTools Omaha Hi/Lo Simulation
820 trials (Exhaustive)
board: 3:club: 7:spade: 6:diamond:
Hand |Pot equity
2c 4d 5d Qh| 42.62%
2s Ad 7c 7h| 57.38%

This is because having the nuts for low is more important than having the nuts for high when there are three low cards on the board. You have five outs to a scoop (three aces & two deuces), while your opponent has seven outs on the flop (and three more on the the turn usually) to scoop you.

Its not like you can get away from this hand, but since you're almost always behind for low, sometimes it can be prudent to take a card off.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands