$4 NLHE Full Ring: How did i play this hand? what would you have done differently

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something like that. Looks like you played the hand fine and managed to extract the maximum. So long as you have solid reasoning for doing what you did then WP.

well i can certainly guarentee you at no point did i believe i was behind, also on PKR its imprinted into players via loading screens and stuff that "always be the person asking the questions"

my thought process was this

"i have the best starting hand so a raise it is"

"i always will cb the flop if i have hit, i will only cb the flop on a missed board if the opponent warrents it, because it tells me a lot, if im ahead they call, if there is a chance im behind they tend to raise"

"the turn comes i cant really say i know what his range is at this moment in time all i know is its not a scary board and he has called the flop, im oop so hes going to see the check as ive missed the board and it was just a cb, so he bets into me now"

"the river comes, again i havent narrowed his range down, i believe im ahead, but the only thing thats going to call a raise, or re raise is a hand thats beating me at this point"

Then when we are at showdown i open up his note, and write how he played the hand, so if he had check checked, then the next time i know i have to bet for him, if he checked the turn and betted the river i would also write that down

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup. I like betting twice and checking just to be more sure. Some people (make notes of them) almost always bluff river with missed draws while they will fold to the 3rd barrel.

Also in theory I am charging draws but that stops nobody.

Aleksei - Dunno, it is some kind of general statistical observation, I think for FR poker.

Funny :D I put this in Google and voila! https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/what-average-hand-67387/
Well actually, the average Hold em showdown hand IS 2-pair (in any cash format sans perhaps 3max and HU, where showing down high card is commonplace), but that includes paired boards (which are fairly commonplace), so most 2-pair hands are a pair in hand and a pair in board (or even 2 pairs in board).

So really, the average player hand is probably top pair. Which is also why it's so important to play strong starting hands; not only are they more likely to flop top pair (or strong second pairs, which are good in some dynamics), but they have outs to counterfeit lower 2-pair hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands