$4 NLHE Full Ring: $2nl. FPS with Ks?

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP2 is a 93/7 super donk. CO is actually a decent player(I know, there are no decent players at 2nl). He was tight with a high ATS and has been ISO raising limpers and seems to know what he is doing(again, relatively).

I 3 bet KK probs around 95% of the time but this was a spot I thought would be OK to flat as I was sure MP2 would fold cause he limp folds a lot and was quite sure that CO would fold to a 3 bet.

FPS(fancy play syndrome)????

IPoker Network $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter
UTG: $2.05
UTG+1: $0.36
MP1: $4.00
MP2: $1.57
CO: $2.13
Hero (BTN): $6.56
SB: $1.57
BB: $3.53
Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K :club: K :heart:
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12....

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. So basicaly never flat Ks at 2nl then? I cant see another situation that would be better then this to flat Ks.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could be going in with KK in a many player pot.

Asking for trouble.

Put in a nice raise. If you ain't gonna raise with KK with position, when are ya gonna raise?
--

Btw, there are many consistently proftable players at $2NL. I would consider them good or decent players. At the end of the day, it's whether you win or not.

If a style of play is profitable at $2NL, and the player makes money consistently, then that player is good. Who cares if he is playing like he "should" be playing.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they're just going to fold if you 3bet, maybe you should 3bet more in this situation?

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they're just going to fold if you 3bet, maybe you should 3bet more in this situation?

Good point....

My 3 bet is already at almost 7% so finding more spots to 3 bet will be a bit tough.

What do you suggest a range be for 3 betting a late position raise when Im OTB or CO. bluff and value ranges combined... 67s+, 79s+, 22+, AT+ and any 2 BW cards? I hate 3 betting hands where I could be dominated, ie. any 2 paint, I dont think Im good enough to play those out yet.

What about being in the blinds?

brank

brank

Back in!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
EDIT:I forgot to add in Axs to the range above.