$4 NLHE 6-max: QQ over pair getting action on draw heavy flop

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not overestimating play -> you're lumping player types together. The type of player to check-raise a draw-heavy board with TPWK is NOT a passive one.

You can't just say "he's a fish" and then assign whatever random properties to that label as you want. There are different types of fish. Some are aggro, some are not. Those raising Tx here will also raise draws frequently (especially combo draws, and there are a LOT of them here). Those who will not raise draws here aren't raising weak Tx.

You have to stay consistent in assigning tendencies to a player based on type. Tbf, OP did not give us much info on post flop tendencies of the villain, so it's difficult to type him. But I would think 30/18 likely indicates some postflop aggression too.

Yes MOST players at the micros are passive. Not all. Sweeping assumptions will only hurt us in spots like this.

Im not saying he definitely isnt raising a draw!! Just that most of the time he is raising with some kind of made hand. My decision on the hand accomodates for if my assumption is wrong, otherwise I wouldnt be making it... so why does it matter?

You dont understand what Im saying and I cba to say it in any other way.
We agree on how to play the hand so I'd rather just leave it there.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is not a single fish at 4NL that is capable of folding 10x here. And yes they will raise it, even passive ones on a board this drawy. Stop over analyzing simple situations. It's 4NL, he's a fish, we absolutely crush his range, and he wants to put money in the pot. Ship it, fist pump, GG.

How long was it since you played 4nl? I'm not presuming anything or trying to sound rude, I just remember you saying how much the games have changed since you last played, and I wasn't sure if you'd been to 4nl/10nl etc in a while.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long was it since you played 4nl? I'm not presuming anything or trying to sound rude, I just remember you saying how much the games have changed since you last played, and I wasn't sure if you'd been to 4nl/10nl etc in a while.

Saturday. I put in 2200 hands. I've moved up to 10NL since and put in 3k hands yesterday.

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just flat. I don't see a good the reason to raise here.

hutz

hutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So we flat.The turn brings an A K J T 9 or 8. Villain leads for 3/4 pot or more. Now what?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So we flat.The turn brings an A K J T 9 or 8. Villain leads for 3/4 pot or more. Now what?

I flat most of them and fold to a decent sized river bet. Probably fold if turn comes a ten.

Yoshimiii

Yoshimiii

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting the raise here, not re-raising.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
still raising and fist pumping that a fish wants to gamble on this board and if he doesnt i'll take the pot uncontested which is a nice result too.