$4 NLHE 6-max: Holding nut str flush, how much to value bet here?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had As4s on BTN. 2 limpers ahead of me. I thought about raising but decided to try to see the flop cheap and hit a big flop. It ended up being a 4 way limp pot.

Flop comes 553 with 2 spades. It gets checked around to me, so I bet 9c into 18. I got two callers including BB.

The perfect 2s comes on the turn giving me a straight flush. Both remaining villains check to me again. The pot is now 45c. How much should I bet here?

I decided to bet just 25c here. My reasoning is that I don't want to bet too big to scare anyone away but I also want to entice a raise in case one of them is looking to check/raise a made flush. Both just call again.

So a harmless Kc hits on the river which I wasn't too happy about because it is likely neither of the two villains improved their hands.

It's checked to me again. The pot is $1.26. I have $2.60 left. BB has me covered while CO has only 70c left.

What do you think is the optimal bet size here?

Neither have shown much strength so far. BB in particular normally isn't passive so I think he would have raised me on the flop if he had a 5. And if he had a big hand then a smallish bet would be more likely to get a raise than a strong bet. With the river checks it's doubtful anyone made a FH. So my thinking was that if I shoved, chances of getting called wasn't big. CO would likely call if he had a 5 but BB would fold to a shove. But I also don't wanna bet too small with the nuts.

Last edited:
wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling isn't too bad in this spot preflop, if you're up against two big fish then raise it up, you want to take all their money.

A small bet on the turn is fine against one weak player, but against two I think you can get a little more in there, one of them must have a 5 but isn't sure about the flush board, I think he'll still call you down though. I would put in something like 35c. I'm not sure they mind a lot how big of a bet you put out if they're going for a check raise (still assuming they're fish).

Not too sure about the river, but as you said, if one of them makes a FH on the river he's going to bet it out or even shove, not much more you can do, you have to at least get the shortstacks money in, from there it's up to you, as played maybe about a dollar.

Winning is so tough isn't it :rolleyes:

Full Flush Poker