$4 NLHE 6-max: AA oop, bad turn card

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$4 NL HE 6-max: AA oop, bad turn card

Villains 36/13 over 56 hands, standard up until the turn i think, with this guy being quite passive i think the J really hits him, hands like KQ/KJ/QJ/9T are def in his range so can we go for more value on the turn?? TPTK is unlikely as is AQ so the only hands that really call a turn barrel are hands that beat us, a few random T's maybe but thats about it. I check call the turn though, dunno if i should have done that, whats the plan for the river as played, i was hoping to check it down, we still have some showdown value right?? Our hands now a bluff catcher though and he aint gonna bluff much on the river so is this a c/f? Also, and i dont think this is the answer at all, but is the 3rd heart a scare card and can we shove it in for less than a psb?? Do we need a more taggy player that might fold his 2pair type hands to be shoving that river??

IPoker Network $4.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 567791
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

BB: $4.40
UTG: $4.90
CO: $2.20
BTN: $5.00
Hero (SB): $4.00

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with A <font color='black'>♠</font> A <font color='red'>♥</font>
1 fold, CO calls $0.04, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.18, BB calls $0.14, CO calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.54) 7 <font color='black'>♠</font> Q <font color='black'>♣</font> K <font color='red'>♥</font> (3 players)
Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35, CO folds

Turn: ($1.24) J <font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.84, Hero calls $0.84

River: ($2.92) 8 <font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
Hero??

polakpoker4

polakpoker4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I still bet the turn for value. I'm guessing a 36/13 at 4NL will most likely be a calling station and will be willing to call another barrel with any Kx and Qx type hands and pair + gutshot/open ended. I bet the river as well but I fold to any raises on both turn and river.

I think you just value bet even if it seems break even because villain will show up with hands you couldn't even possibly consider to call with lol

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet/fold turn.

And no player at 4NL is ever folding a hand better than yours to a river shove, ever.