$4 NLHE 6-max: $4 NLH 6-max

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing from the button, 2/4 penny NLH , new player posted in CO, MP -limped, I raised to 18 to make pot 34 and 2 came with me. 3-way to the flop with a 64 pot.

Please give me your thoughts, I am going to try and cover it up until the end if I can.

Cake - $0.04 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $4.16
MP: $4.40
CO: $4.00
Hero (BTN): $10.43
SB: $3.92
BB: $1.68

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04, CO posts penalty blind $0.06

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.12) Hero has Q<font color='red'>♦</font> A<font color='red'>♦</font>

fold, MP calls $0.04, CO checks, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.16, BB calls $0.14, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.64, 3 players) 3<font color='black'>♣</font> 6<font color='red'>♦</font> 5<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.43, SB calls $0.43, fold

Turn: ($1.50, 2 players) 5<font color='black'>♠</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $0.75, SB calls $0.75

River: ($3.00, 2 players) 4<font color='black'>♣</font>
SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $2.56 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.06,

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we are losing here a significant amount of the time. Given that we have ace high and control a lot of the missed flush draws since we have the ace of diamonds as one of our diamonds I would be hard pressed to come up with a hand that we are beating here that would call us 3 streets. Is the villain the type of player that will call this down and then raise the river (with very little perceived fold equity) with King high or with missed diamonds that at best could be king high? I doubt it so you need to give up on this hand somewhere along the way. Imo, as played you should check the turn and take the free card there as I put them on some pocket pair in the mid range (77-99). At this point in the hand there arent any river cards that would come that would scare us as we either hit it or we dont and we have position. I get an argument for double barreling but at the same time the card changes nothing and if they are calling the flop then they are also calling the turn here. If you do bet on the turn then what do you expect to get to fold on the river other than another flush draw which is possible but unlikely. Much more likely they have a pair of some sort that they arent folding and could have even backed into a straight as well.